Site News RipLab MODO Donation Drive

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys. So we've been talking about building up a MODO collection for running drafts, which I think would be a huge asset to the community in terms of fun, design discussion, and outreach, as more content would bring more exposure to our particular brand of cube drafting.

The drawback? Cubing is expensive! In total, the cost of creating such a list is somewhere on the order of 1000 tickets.

My vision would be to eventually have an account stocked with RipLab cube staples, so that those so inclined could host cube drafts using the community's account with their own lists. Our lists tend to overlaps, so once we get most of the staple cards, the cost of covering a new cube should be pretty low.

As a first step, I would like to reach out to you all to see what you would be willing to give. We would accept donations of two varieties:
1) cards
2) MODO tickets / paypal donations

To get a feel of what sort of support we have, I've made a spreadsheet of a rough list (the ULD section is totally not up to date), where players can list MODO cards they are willing to give. I don't use MODO much, but I did find about 40 (mostly cheap) cards that I already had.

(spreadsheet, in case you didn't see it in the paragraph above)

Additionally, there is a second column listing any assorted items you'd be willing to donate. MODO tickets, money cards, cube cards that aren't in my 360.

You aren't held accountable for anything you pledge in the spreadsheet, this is just to get a gauge. Thank you all for being a part of this community, and we hope that we can come together and make that next step forward.

(if this project fails, all donated assets would of course be returned to the donator)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who's entered information into the spreadsheet so far. We got around 100 tickets worth of cards pledged today, and it's looking like this project will soon become a reality.

Laz

Developer
Went through and put my name beside a few things.

I will burn down some bot credit I have on some of the cheaper cards on the list if I get some time.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
There seems to be some changes to your list there.
Does that mean there is a winner in the contest already? :p

ps. Also added my name to about 6 cards (I didn't even know I had a Kolaghan's Command, so that was pretty sweet).

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
:( I don't have anything on this list. You don't run bloodbraid elf? That's the only good card I have! It's an ugly MODO foil! Take it!

I think I have 6 hours clocked on my modo account but I still managed to have stuff on the list. I already spend a disgusting amount of time on my PC- getting into modo would basically end my life.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
There seems to be some changes to your list there.
Does that mean there is a winner in the contest already? :p

ps. Also added my name to about 6 cards (I didn't even know I had a Kolaghan's Command, so that was pretty sweet).

I haven't looked too closely at the submissions yet, just running cards I want to try out.

Since pretty much everything's not on the list, let me know if any of this is useful...

On the list:
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Not listed but highly cubable:
Survival of the Fittest
Reanimate

Plausibly cubable:
Figure of Destiny
Legacy's Allure
Desertion
Molten Vortex
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
Vryn Wingmare
Consume the Meek
Consuming Vapors
Silumgar Assassin
Silumgar's Command
Ojutai's Command
Emerge Unscathed
Mardu Woe-Reaper
Ulcerate
Valorous Stance
Azure Mage
Ultimate Price
Wall of Blossoms
Burning-Tree Emissary
Boros Charm
Kiora's Follower
Dissipate
Dissolve
Infest
Goblin Ruinblaster
Esper Charm
Explosive Vegetation
Warleader's Helix
Ghor-Clan Rampager
Overrun

Spare lands:
Sunpetal Grove x 2

Also lots of spare commons such as Duress, Vendetta, Narcolepsy, Satyr Wayfinder, Mnemonic Wall, Gurmag Angler etc though these are easy enough to come by.

I know I cube decent number of those cards, so if the intent is to be able to host drafts of different cubes then I can't see it being a bad idea. The trade binder of the available cube doesn't have to be the same as the total set of cards the account owns. Just a thought from the peanut gallery though

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Uh... I had an account like a few years back. I guess I could download the new client to have a look if I own any of the missing cards, if I can remember my username and password?
Sorry, didn't find any time today, won't have any time tomorrow, hope I think of this on Friday. Either way, I don't expect too much of it, because I only played a few drafts online if I remember correctly. I don't even remember what sets, though I seem to remember building a deck with Scroll Thief and Kiln Fiend. Anyway, if that was the best casual deck I could build you can guess how many expensive cards I will find if I log in again...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Since pretty much everything's not on the list, let me know if any of this is useful...

On the list:
Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth

Not listed but highly cubable:
Survival of the Fittest
Reanimate

Plausibly cubable:
Figure of Destiny
Legacy's Allure
Desertion
Molten Vortex
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit
Vryn Wingmare
Consume the Meek
Consuming Vapors
Silumgar Assassin
Silumgar's Command
Ojutai's Command
Emerge Unscathed
Mardu Woe-Reaper
Ulcerate
Valorous Stance
Azure Mage
Ultimate Price
Wall of Blossoms
Burning-Tree Emissary
Boros Charm
Kiora's Follower
Dissipate
Dissolve
Infest
Goblin Ruinblaster
Esper Charm
Explosive Vegetation
Warleader's Helix
Ghor-Clan Rampager
Overrun

Spare lands:
Sunpetal Grove x 2

Also lots of spare commons such as Duress, Vendetta, Narcolepsy, Satyr Wayfinder, Mnemonic Wall, Gurmag Angler etc though these are easy enough to come by.

Hey, it's certainly all useful! We tweak our lists a lot, so it helps to have a stocked account. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to set up a trade.

I just spotted Evolutionary Leap in there which I missed the first time through, I can add that next time I'm online

Dom Harvey

Contributor
added some cards

I also have these which I may need from time to time, but if that's not an obstacle I can send them over:
Soulfire GM
Grave Titan
Reveillark
2 Scalding Tarn
Mutavault

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
added some cards

I also have these which I may need from time to time, but if that's not an obstacle I can send them over:
Soulfire GM
Grave Titan
Reveillark
2 Scalding Tarn
Mutavault

Sure, just send me a PM whenever you'd like to make the trade.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Sorry, didn't find any time today, won't have any time tomorrow, hope I think of this on Friday. Either way, I don't expect too much of it, because I only played a few drafts online if I remember correctly. I don't even remember what sets, though I seem to remember building a deck with Scroll Thief and Kiln Fiend. Anyway, if that was the best casual deck I could build you can guess how many expensive cards I will find if I log in again...

Succes! After 20 tries. And what treasures did I find?

All of 4 rares: Djinn of Wishes, Flameblast Dragon, Manabarbs, Sundial of the Infinite... Oh my! In other words, I have absolutely nothing to add :-(

Edit: I got an Accorder Paladin though, that might be of interest to someone's cube?
Gideon's Lawkeeper? Preordain? Perilous Myrs? (Why are those not in your cube?)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Perilous Myr is in my cube. Preordain has been replace by... another cantrip, but I have it on the account. Lawkeeper isn't good enough in my experience.