Card/Deck (SCD) Primeval Bounty

Okay, Primeval Bounty card certainly doesn't make 360-card cubes, but since I like these kind of durdly cards and my cube runs 610 cards I am gonna give this card a try at my next cubedraft.

I played with it at my first M14-draft and I liked Primeval Bounty a lot. It got me powerful effects but not immediate game ending effects and It played somewhat like a planeswalker. It also was exciting to see what I would draw and what kind of value I would get this turn. In cube it can probably land a lot quicker with all the acceleration available making it possibly very powerful. The downside of course is that most of the times it will make an impact the turn after you play it instead of immediately. I primairly see it as a card in green-based midrangy decks or in ramp decks.

I had the same feelings about including Assemble the Legion after Gatecrash was released and almost nobody liked the card for cube. Since then some people came around when it made a splash in constructed, and maybe this card will follow the same path maybe it won't.

Anybody else got some thoughts about Primeval Bounty? :)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Agree that it's a bit underpowered for high-power 360 lists. Somebody asked me about it on twitter and my response was:
Seems really low impact and slow. Many turns required to get return on six mana investment. Compare versus Rampaging Baloths.

CML

Contributor
mmmmmmm baloths. a smash hit if there ever was one. my constructed-oriented playgroup thinks one of the great things about cube is that a 50¢ mythic like the baloths can show up on the other side of the table and laugh in the face of Mind Sculptor.

i think jason's analysis is probably right but i also think that there's only one way to find out. a comparable and weaker card is fable of wolf and owl