General Share underrated, highly versatile cards

Aggro one-drops are parasitic. Gingerbrute, however, can be run in all colours. It also has both haste and evasion, which keeps it relevant at all points in the game. More importantly, it promotes drafters to look for equipment, auras and other ways to boost its power.

It's even an artifact so you can run all your artifact synergies. I really see no reason not to run it over most aggro one-drops.

I often see people disrespect Parallax Wave. It seems quaint and doesn't read as well as powered cube staples, Armaggedon or Planeswalkers. But it's an extremely versatile card that can do a billion things at once.

If you are winning, it gets rids of blockers.
If you are losing, it keeps attackers at bay until you stabilize.
If you have ETBs, it blinks your whole board
If you have a disenchant, it's a plague wind.

It's a great card that can be run in both control and aggro. Every time I think it might not pull its weight, I play it and it justifies its slot. It's a powerful card but also a very interesting, challenging one.

Give me some of yours!

Maybe they get a little more respect these days, especially around here, but this angel is the platonic ideal of a white 4 drop IMO.
  • Flier
  • builds body count off of one body (helping fill whites gaping card advantage hole via a repeatable trigger effect)
  • landfall synergies
  • still in bolt range, so doesn't present an overbearing threat against Rx.
  • No ETB (a design upside IMO)
  • Anthem synergies
There's not many Wx decks that don't have a use for Emeria Angel. Equipment deck? Check. Landfall Aggro? Check. +1/+1 counter deck? Check. Curve out beatdown deck? Check. White weenies? Check.
Maybe not a top priority for a UW control deck, but still a decent inclusion as a mid-game way to start dishing out damage or to block damage until stabilization.

Not sure how underrated they are, but there are a ton of great artifact cards that I don't see as often as I think they should

Same points you made about Gingerbrute minus the haste for Vault Skirge. The 2 drawing artifacts are really sweet because they come down early and give you value over time. They enable some decks that sometimes wouldn't come together (like Boros control) and slot right into any color. Star is essentially a cantrip that instead of synergies with spells gives you sacrifice and artifact synergies.

I have to talk about my home girl again

Sure, she's a lower powered card. But she just plays so much better than she looks! She supports landfalls, loam, discard and selfmill strategies, reanimator and is a cheap evasive body for ninja stuff. Also, she is just really solid on her own. She is almost a Trade Routes, that is easier to kill but can carry equipment and chip in in the air, but then she has this HUGE upside, that you can discard not only lands, but anything else you might want to hit the graveyard. Also, in the late game she is almost as good as Merfolk Looter in improving your draws, except that you can activate her multiple times! That's huge when you're looking for a specific answer or something.