General Show me your Simic decks

I'm having a bit of trouble with my Simic section at the moment. It seems difficult to move into it, even if it's open, and I'm not overly fond of the resulting decks. I was wondering what your Simic decks look like and if you wouldn't mind sharing them for inspiration.

My “main” Simic decks are based around my guild reps:

I’ve seeded some tools for going wide and some payoffs for drawing extra cards for Edric, with related support like Bident of Thassa, evasive dorks like Faerie Seer and Cloudfin Raptor.
Zegana of course fits into a counters deck, and i’ve seeded lots of incidental counters cards like Experiment One and Joraga Treespeaker with proliferate cards and other payoffs like Rishkar, Peema Renegade. I’ve tried to do it in a way that can support the go-wide strategy Edric promotes too.
Mystic Snake fits into my “flash” deck that rewards players for making plays during the opponent’s turn. Lots of flash creatures in the guild pair, with stuff like Glademuse and Brineborn Cutthroat to signal the strategy.
And finally Spitting Image goes along with slower graveyard decks, alongside stuff like Life from the Loam and Gifts Ungiven where you can grind out value from the yard and slowly overtake the board.

Simic had always been a somewhat problematic guild to design for over the years, but I think it's really shored itself up over the last two years. I've got a minor +1/+1 subtheme going on in Green with the likes of Merfolk Branchwalker and Jadelight Ranger earlier in the curve that allows cards like Zegana and Climb to shine. Zegana also has bonus splashability into something like UW Flicker with Soulherderas a beefy Mulldrifter-y variant. Unlike Constructed, Uro feels much more fair in cube where it's usually just a better Growth Spiral that you flashback in the late game as a Primeval Titan variant. It doesn't really fit into any specific archetype or theme, but it's just a generically good card that most UGx decks would be interested in slotting. Finally, Krasis is a card that also kind of falls into the +1/+1 counters theme but also doubles as a super ramp payoff and finisher. Just a really versatile card that fits into a lot of different decks.

Simic isn't so much a cohesive archetype driven guild in my cube as it is a jack-of-all-trades.

Here are a few:

Not all the cards in these lists are still there, but generally good interactive spells in blue, ramp and creatures in green are a successful recipe.

In this color combination, you have to include some removal spells, which is why I like the fight creatures in green and bounce/counters and Psionic Blast in blue.

UG go wide:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5f15fec440729e103f57cea8

UGbr ramp value:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5ef5423b8d0ba5100ff702c3

UGr graveyard control:
https://cubecobra.com/cube/deck/5e950f44a0c28578ee5342aa

Simic tends to be an issue, I think.

Ramp
Flash
+1/+1
Edric

I can give card examples, but didn't want to assume power levels. I also don't run Simic, so I could be way off here.

Oh, it’s mostly a pet card, I just like searching my deck for goofy piles. But it does have positive interactions with a fair number of cubables:

I've been having a lot of fun with mutate/transform effects in my simic decks:

And pairing those with counters or abilities to be stacked on top of those effects:

Also plays well with incidental tokens to give more of those cards in your deck additional impact:

There are also some fun variations that play around with various ophidians effects/payoffs too:

And evasion is also an important component for some additional reach with all those large duders as well:

LabMan decks are also a fun one (of course):

Outfitted with some recovery tools as a fail-safe to various answers:

Mind you, I have a fairly low power level, so I don't know how well these decks scale to higher power levels :)

Dom Harvey

Contributor
UG's identity crisis is embodied well by its gold cards - it went from the consensus worst guild to this in a year:

to say nothing of Shardless Agent, Edric, Mystic Snake, and so on. Many of these cards drag you in different directions - a curse, because it makes it hard to set up a clear signpost if that's your goal, and a blessing because it opens up more design space. Plus, all of the UG cards above from the last year+ are strong enough that they go in almost any deck. Some directions:

Flash

Green has been a secondary flash colour for a long time (to the extent that WG 'Faeries' has been a good deck in my Cubes for years) and we've seen many more explicit flash incentives in green recently (Nightpack Ambusher as the most mainstream one, . This can take on an aggro-control or outright control nature. Card dump:

+1/+1 Counters

Simic has been slated since the OG Ravnica for its exclusive focus on +1/+1 counters (joke's on them now I guess!). Green still does most of the work here but blue adds some unique twists (Deepglow Skate!). Sample deck:

Combo-Control

If you want a more combo-control feel, there's something like this:

Or if you want a tricky creature deck (the perfect Opposition deck if you're that extreme!):