General Single Card Archetypes

Isn't that just an uninteractive go-wide payoff?

Yes and no. It's kind of a powered-down Purphoros, just narrowed to the decks that are all about blocking and token generation as a stalling tactic. Which is not usually what a deck that can cast {R}{R} cards is looking for and maybe wasn't the original idea behind the design.

But it was a lot of fun to build around and pilot the one time it came together, and the race to ping the opponent down before they exhaust my army of chumps was a neat little puzzle. Their recourse with the Kyren threat is limited to forcing chump blocks and removing tokens, but we agreed the novelty of the interactions made up for the density of interaction.

Emrakul's Hatcher and I think Sengir Autocrat made it work. Niche, but fun.

For context - the cube is a khans/alara style cube with support for 5 guilds and 5 shards. The shifted color wheel is WBGRU

I am thinking specifically of making hybrid and gold cards matter. In the first instance trying to spice up white weenie.

You might include other mono B cards such as Crypt ghast Dread Presence etc. But if there is not very much support can you get away with a single merchant? The two categories are linked by cards such as Gift of Orzhova, Orzhov Guildmage serving as roleplayers for both gold and monocolored decks.

I am thinking specifically of making hybrid and gold cards matter. In the first instance trying to spice up white weenie.

Niv Doesn't really seem castable in a cube environment save for one with god-tier fixing, and even then I'm not sure the payoff is worth the huge number of potential deck building restrictions.

Hero of Precinct One, on the other hand, seems like it could work quite well with some hybrid white weenie dudes. Consider...

...and those are just the options I would consider playing. There's a ton of other hybrid dudes you could play if you're looking at a really low powered environment.