Card/Deck Single Card Spotlight

I always found voice of zendikar to be extremely hard to kill.

That's interesting, it's been the complete opposite for me. Pumping out blockers is a little annoying, but 0/1s aren't trading up with anything. If they are, then she's likely at a low loyalty by that point and dies to any single attacker that can get through blocks. It can be incredibly annoying in super token-y builds though. She's gotten outclassed pretty quickly in my cube, only really shines in Gx Aggro (usually GB as a curve topper). She was SO much more obnoxious in Standard GW Tokens alongside Gideon where they always seemed to have the 2nd replacement copy ready to go.

And a 3-mana card.

Is this too good?
Think it's a fine card, but don't see it being OP in any way. Interesting that it's one of only two cards that straight up make 4 fliers for you in one go. Pretty clear similarity to Lingering souls.

On a related note, I'd run this over Cloudblazer. They kinda occupy the same space in UW, and Route offers more decision points. And incidental mana fixing, which I love.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
That's interesting, it's been the complete opposite for me. Pumping out blockers is a little annoying, but 0/1s aren't trading up with anything. If they are, then she's likely at a low loyalty by that point and dies to any single attacker that can get through blocks. It can be incredibly annoying in super token-y builds though. She's gotten outclassed pretty quickly in my cube, only really shines in Gx Aggro (usually GB as a curve topper). She was SO much more obnoxious in Standard GW Tokens alongside Gideon where they always seemed to have the 2nd replacement copy ready to go.

That is odd. In my experience she plays like icy manipulator that draws you 7 cards after a little while.
I don't think I ever saw her minus activated.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

I decided to give this gal a try since my cube is always on the lookout for creatures worth getting with Ranger of Eos (plus one drops are great). Long name aside, it's been great! Finally got a couple 8-man drafts in yesterday and she made maindecks in both drafts and made for some really fun games. My drafters loved it.

Aren't you just activating her for five every turn? That's what I've been afraid of and why I didn't include her yet, because that sounds repetitive.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yes, that is mostly what you do with Oviya. I can understand how that's not a desirable play pattern for some people but I like cards that generate value in repetitive/recursive ways. It's a preference thing.
That's perfectly fine, to each their own :) Thanks for confirming!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Unhinged limited is anything but fair :p
If your opponent was unobservant, a lot of your removal spells had buyback 0

You know... Wacky fun!