General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Previews

New Capenna!
unknown.png

Cycling Triomes! My wallet cries but my body is ready!
unknown.png

Borderless treatment!

unknown.png

Skyscraper frame! I love this look!

Rest of the cycle!!
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

New Ascendency Cycle too!!!
unknown.png

FM-CTimWUAE1BwC.png

Flapper Elspeth? Flapper Elspeth.

Only way this card art could be better is if she was on a Train (which to be fair, she could be in the full version— this is an edited version for the pack art).

Also, it’s nice to see Elspeth with a smile on her face, she really deserves it after being tortured by Phyrexians, having her adoptive world destroyed by Nicol Bolas, losing friends to the New Phyrexians, losing the love of her life, getting killed by the God she had sworn her service to, and then conquering death.

That to me is awesome news. Hopefully it sets a precedent where they do stuff like this more rather than trying to pigeonhole every cycle completion into an exact flavor and mechanic match.
I totally agree! Cycling should be evergreen, but it’s not because it’s “too generic” from a flavor perspective. I want more cycling more often!!

Actually I am okay witzbthis, if it's the first step to make cycling decidious. Almost every set has cards that are narrow and really really want cycling.

That to me is awesome news. Hopefully it sets a precedent where they do stuff like this more rather than trying to pigeonhole every cycle completion into an exact flavor and mechanic match.
I love this precedent and agree it's awesome news.

I was looking forward to another set with cycling (which makes sense for a three-color set!) but I will happily take this instead if it means we get to finish cycles and explore new ideas without dedicating an entire set mechanic in the process.

MaRo's teaser is up!
MaRo said:
Before previews for Streets of New Capenna officially begin, I thought it would be fun to do another of my Duelist-style teasers where I give tiny hints of things to come. Note that I’m only giving you partial information.

First up, here are some things you can expect:

• five mana costs, using existing mana symbols, that we’ve never used before

• a spell that costs 13BB

• a mechanic we’ve tried to get in numerous sets finally finds a home

• a creature type theme for a draft archetype that’s never been used before

• a red creature that can make token copies of creatures you control

• a card that adds WWUUBBRRGG

• a mechanic which first premiered in a Standard-legal set in the 00’s sees a return to Standard

• a card that makes Cat and Dog tokens

• a draft theme caring about a threshold in the graveyard we haven’t cared about before

• multiple white cards capable of drawing a card each turn

Next, here are some rules text that will be showing up on cards:

• “Then if you control ten or more creatures, you may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost.”

• “Copy target spell you control that wasn’t cast.”

• “As an additional cost to cast this spell, sacrifice a creature, discard a card, or pay 4 life.”

• “If exactly three colors of mana were spent to activate this ability,”

• “Create a 1/1 blue Fish creature token”

• “When you cast this spell, copy it.”

• “WUBRG, T, Sacrifice CARDNAME:”

• “where X is the number of permanents you’ve sacrificed this turn.”

• “Count the colors of the sacrificed creature,”

• “You may cast any number of the copies without paying their mana costs.”

Finally, here are some creature type lines in the set:

• Creature – Devil Warrior

• Creature – Raccoon Rogue

• Creature – Bird Assassin

• Creature – Plant Dinosaur

• Artifact Creature – Treasure Dog

• Artifact Creature – Angel Warrior

• Legendary Creature – Sphinx Demon

• Legendary Creature – Cat Citizen

• Legendary Creature – Cephalid Advisor

• Legendary Creature – Vampire Demon Noble

Check out the Streets of New Capenna debut on April 7th at 9:00 am PT on Twitch and YouTube.

Frankly, I don't have any analysis this time because these hints are all super vague. I can't really do anything with "white cards capable of drawing a card each turn," "a mechanic which first premiered in a Standard-legal set in the 00’s sees a return to Standard" or "Legendary Creature – Cephalid Advisor" (although that last one is super cool). Anyway, still some exciting stuff in here! The Legendary Demons are probably family leaders.