General (SNC) Streets of New Capenna Testing/Includes Thread

Ledger Shredder I am actually concerned about, it seems very annoying to get around once it grows once. That said, spell sequencing is kind of a theme of my cube, and connive has a bunch of other random synergies as well that make it very appealing.
Big Score is very unexciting, but I think I'll include one as a somewhat mediocre way to enable big turns and maybe some other random jank.
Lethal Scheme is an instant speed removal spell with a lot of synergy riders.
Dodgy Jalopy is another incentive to cheat on mana costs with cards like Hooting Mandrills and Decimator of Provinces, and the additional graveyard synergy is very welcome.
Currency Converter is kind of mopey and doesn't really get you excited for discarding cards, but being self-sufficient and colorless will probably give it the slot over one of the comparable blue build-arounds. They can get it with Trinket Mage anyway.

Other considerations:
Citizen's Crowbar: I might consider this over Barbed Spike, it's less artifact density for one card, but it provides more low-commitment artifact and enchantment interaction for the environment.
Raffine's Informant: Kind of like a white Mire Triton in all the random things it provides. I'm not really struggling for white 2's though, plus I'm not big on the art and I don't think I want discarding in white, it just feels off to me.
Sanguine Spy: I really like the different mana value rider on this card, I'm just not convinced the payoff is really all that compelling, and I don't care that much for it as a sacrifice outlet.
Tainted Indulgence: I think this is a neat card and would love if in mono-colored, but I'm not sold on it over Tomebound Lich in UB.
Gala Greeters: I'm not too into Alliance as a mechanic, and I don't think the once-per-turn clause really provides a lot of tension, but making counters and treasures does give it some accidental synergies.
Dogged Detective: I'm thinking about this instead of one of the Mire Tritons, I'm not sure how I feel about the card-draw clause.
Determined Iteration: I don't think I'm in a spot where I can include this, but I'm going to slot it into my Maybeboard and hope for a future where this is a sick build-around. I'm already excited about copying mummified creatures.

I have found another card I wish to include for my low-powered section

I have been looking for some easy-to-read cards. Preferably commons. I have a Party theme in all five colors. And even though this card is very easy to read and understand, the card text has quite the impact on the card. It also signals {B}X aggro because not being able to block for a full turn while having more power than toughness is mostly for aggro cards in my opinion.

Looks fun, but probably a bit mana intensive for me. I was worried that you would risk countering your own spells for a moment, but thankfully it is a ‘may’ ability.

1651323050957.png I definitely overlooked this one. (Richard on MtGGoldfish makes a pretty decent argument for it in their Top10 for Commander podcast) I'm not as high on it as he is but I'm a lot higher on it now for cube play.

He's...not wrong! 1-mana trick to save your best guy from *any* removal in the game. Instant speed. OR, you can use it on your opponent's best guy and set up something nice for yourself.

Also taking a second look at March of Swirling Mists which is same but scalable. Anyone else tried that one out?
1651323266699.png

These both seem very flexible and lots of interesting decisions to be had..

When it comes to combat tricks I prefer the modal ones from Dungeons & Dragons: Adventures in the Forgotten Realm and the modal dual faced cards from Zendikar Rising that had a tapped mono land on the back.

Looks fun, but probably a bit mana intensive for me. I was worried that you would risk countering your own spells for a moment, but thankfully it is a ‘may’ ability.
Yeah, Arcane Bombardment either wants you to have a slow environment or a deck dedicated to powering it out as early as possible.

i had actually considered running Bombardment as a 3-mana enchant because i thought it was cool… not sure that i want to do all the paperwork required for it though

Video is up

That is awesome :D

Is Arcane Bombardement the "better" Thousand-Year Storm?
Unlike Thousand-Year Storm the Arcane Bombardment doesn't require you to have lots of spells in hand for the turn you want to go off.
It's more important to have enough instants so that you can trigger it on your opponents turn as well and spiral out of control faster.

To me it looks like you can throw Arcane Bombardment in any cube that already supports the {U}/{R} spell velocity archetype and call it a day.
Bonus points if you support discard or self-mill in {R}, because then your big spells might already be in the graveyard.
The cherry on top is running delve cards (like Magmatic Sinkhole, Treasure Cruise or Ethreal Forager) to get more control over what spell will get exiled.

Here's an example of what the "best case" would look like in my current cube iteration.

How crucial do you think are the ramp spells like Strike it Rich, Big Score, Creative Outburst, Magma Opus for the deck?
Or are mana rocks sufficient?

Yeah that deck looks fun. Like you said, it's basically a "normal" UR spells deck with the Bombardment stapled to the top end.

How crucial do you think are the ramp spells like Strike it Rich, Big Score, Creative Outburst, Magma Opus for the deck?
Or are mana rocks sufficient?

I would definitely try to add Big Score and Unexpected Windfall if you are supporting that deck. Ramp + draw to find and cast the Bombardment seems excellent. Plus the discard and artifacts play well into many Red archetypes anyways.

In the list you posted, Rielle, the Everwise seems like a nice bridge between spells and said discard, while also caring about instants and sorceries in your GY.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So, it's been a while, and I've updated my physical cube. I ended up including (for now)

Im actually least sure on the Ascendancy. It looks like a super fun build around, but also a crazy bad topdeck and a lot of hoops to jump through. I'll give it some time to see if it sticks.

Slip out the Back might still get there as well, I do like the effect, and if I end up running Oubliette, this is a nice way to get more phasing in there. I'm a bit unsure of the identity I want to give RGW (other than "here's creatures, attack with them"). Incandescent Aria is another option to push the tokens angle Jinnie supports, but I'm a bit worried too much token cards might result in token spam stalemates.

@Onderzeeboot
I very much like your inclusions except for Obscura Ascendamncy. I think the card is super narrow, difficult to trigger and also carry the risk of signaling Spirit tribal if the player doens't know Spirits aren't a tribal. The tokens it creates are Spirits but I know personally as a drafter in your cube (had I 0 experience with it) would think the card could signal Spirits at least.

Jinnie is a cool build around that goes into quite many decks.
The lands are no surprise since you're completing your cycle of 5 tri color cycle lands.

Can you tell me the reasoning behind Black Market Tycoon

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
@Onderzeeboot
I very much like your inclusions except for Obscura Ascendamncy. I think the card is super narrow, difficult to trigger and also carry the risk of signaling Spirit tribal if the player doens't know Spirits aren't a tribal. The tokens it creates are Spirits but I know personally as a drafter in your cube (had I 0 experience with it) would think the card could signal Spirits at least.

Jinnie is a cool build around that goes into quite many decks.
The lands are no surprise since you're completing your cycle of 5 tri color cycle lands.

Can you tell me the reasoning behind Black Market Tycoon
Yeah, Ascendancy might very well be a mistake, but I thought it might be a nice Zur target, and it hypothetically plays well with ninjas.

Black Market Tycoon is just an upgrade of Radha, Heir to Keld. Two mv mana acceleration is something only green gets to do in my cube, and BMT has just more cross-synergy potential than RHK.

Re: Obscura Ascendancy, I think the main use is making the tokens, not the graveyard payoff. If I can make two tokens it's fine on rate IMO even with the colors, and three 2/2 fliers is really good. The buff then represents a win con if the game goes really late; you don't work towards it, it just happens at some point. Think of it as a variant on Drake Haven that triggers for free on some spell casts rather than discards.

Obscura Ascendancy is to Drake Haven

As

Goblin Bombardment is to Weaponize the Monsters. Kinda-sorta.