Card/Deck Squee, Goblin Nabob

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

I have lied to myself for years telling myself this is a cool card that belongs in my cube. But it's never been in a winning deck. It usually doesn't even end up in a deck. It's kind of a turd out there. I mean, I love him but, man, what a shitstain, right?

I even had this card in my cube and still nobody wanted to play Squee in their decks.

Am I just a giant moron? Is Squee even worth supporting? Have I been running a 359 card cube?

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
I added Squee when I added pods. I never really saw much in him. He's too slow. He relies completely on you having something good to do with him, and in cube those things are probably going to be fine with non-Squee cards. Birthing Pod is fine without Squee, looters too.
Edit: so what I'm saying is I think I'll take him out.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've ditched a bunch of looters since cutting reanimation, so this cut could be long overdue. But maybe one of you will write an article about multi-Squee

It just has a lot of incidental, and fulfilling, pseudo-combos. Using it to buyback Forbid is awesome, it's the tits with Masticores, LotV loves the bloke. Fact of Fiction, Thirst of Knowledge, Frantic Search. Also, didn't you recently up the count of your Faithless Lootings? Also awesome!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It just has a lot of incidental, and fulfilling, pseudo-combos. Using it to buyback Forbid is awesome, it's the tits with Masticores, LotV loves the bloke. Fact of Fiction, Thirst of Knowledge, Frantic Search. Also, didn't you recently up the count of your Faithless Lootings? Also awesome!

Faithless Looting must have been someone else, but I can see the arguments for it. I just don't think my cube has a high enough density of incidental value cards for Squee right now, as many of the ones you mention aren't in my current list. Maybe in another configuration, but at the moment it's just not where my design is. Good post.

Faithless Looting must have been someone else, but I can see the arguments for it. I just don't think my cube has a high enough density of incidental value cards for Squee right now, as many of the ones you mention aren't in my current list. Maybe in another configuration, but at the moment it's just not where my design is. Good post.

Ah, right, it was the Rethinking Red article from the Cube Academy. I definitely agree that he is subpar when you have to get him on the field to get interesting stuff going (stax, pod, etc.)

CML

Contributor
if we're on the topic of "1/1's for 2R" may i suggest a nice

113.jpg