Sets (STX) Strixhaven Testing/Includes Thread

If the imbalances are as small as they are in my cube, it's not necessary to inform your drafters, imo. Knowing there is an imbalance is only bound to bias your drafters' picks when it shouldn't if the imbalance is statistically irrelevant.
I was more thinking in the direction of the desert cube or torment/ judgement type of imbalances.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Statistically, the variance of drafting a subsection of a cube (e.g. 360 out of 450 cards) is going to cause much greater differences in card counts per color per draft than having the numbers per section slightly different.

I would honestly cut Mythos of Illuna and two artifacts to add one red and two green cards. This would give you:

51 white
51 blue
51 black
51 red
51 green
15 Dimir
15 Gruul
15 Orzhov
15 Boros
15 Simic
3 Esper
3 Naya
3 Mardu
3 Temur
41 colorless
50 Guild lands
10 Triomes
4 All-colored lands

Then I would move the colored artifact cards to their mono section and look at the only beautiful cube in the world :D You could maybe even go crazy and cut 1 of each mono card to include 4 more artifacts and 1 more All-colored land.

50 all each mono
15 of each Guild
3 of each Shard
45 colorless
50 Guild lands
10 Triomes
5 All-colored lands

The most beautiful <3
I bet you could find a way to balance each archetype, deck and theme this way still by changing some cards.
You are 8 card changes away from this.