General Sunday January 10th Draft Sign-ups (2PM EST)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'd really love to attend but I'm still the exact opposite of absolutely sober so I should go and get me some schnitzel. Have fun, I will.

haaa

Just to clarify, it's not for 6 hours. If anyone wants to hang out and draft (but not play), that's fine too. We'll probably skip ULD tonight since I'm solo running it (no safra around) and streaming, and want to make things as simplified as possible.

Apparently there are four people with that name on Skype. Try adding me (aston12099) and I'll invite you.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
As promised, I could only draft. Before I leave for work though, I thought I might show you the mess that I drafted:
EeCgg4j.png

First picked Grafted Wargear, then got Opposition, then picked Collected Company. Got a pod soon there after and tried to pick value dudes between CMC 1-3. I did not see any black mana fixing which was awkward and there was a Sidisi, Brood Tyrant and a Brindle Shoat I was hoping to wheel that didn't. Would have loved to see how the deck ran (it looks almost voltron-eque) but alas, I must pay my bills.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
I was watching the stream. All in all I thought it was a good experience, though there was a lot to digest.

Was there a twitch chat? I guess I needed to be invited in the skype chat. As it grows, it would probably be best to enable twitch chat, so people in the peanut gallery can banter.

When you start doing anything, its normal to have stumbles, so don't be too hard on yourself. Its a lot to:

1. Organize weekly events
2. Organize weekly RT streaming through a program that doesn't support what you are doing
3. Provide entertaining commentary
4. Play well

Thanks for going through the trouble of making the event happen.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I was watching the stream. All in all I thought it was a good experience, though there was a lot to digest.

Was there a twitch chat? I guess I needed to be invited in the skype chat. As it grows, it would probably be best to enable twitch chat, so people in the peanut gallery can banter.

When you start doing anything, its normal to have stumbles, so don't be too hard on yourself. Its a lot to:

1. Organize weekly events
2. Organize weekly RT streaming through a program that doesn't support what you are doing
3. Provide entertaining commentary
4. Play well

Thanks for going through the trouble of making the event happen.

There was indeed a twitch chat. There were people posting occasional comments and questions in there, I had it open on the second monitor.

Thanks for the positive encouragement!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Ugh......................................
No sweat Jason :) I was actually shouting at the screen "noooooo! Target yourself to get rid of that dead card!", and then felt dumb for not seeing that that wouldn't work. And I was just watching the twitch, no distractions. You were juggling several balls, what with organizing stuff all on your own and doing coverage! Incidentally, from what I saw, pairing was smooth, and the commentary was entertaining! Seeing you smile at someone successfully using Evasive Action for 5, that "Oooh, that's why he allowed Inferno Titan!" when it was targeted with Treachery. I also saw a game where your deck was working on all cylinders, curving Delver into Brainstorm, flip into Geist into Path + Confidant. I may have only seen about fifteen minutes of the stream, but it was an entertaining fifteen minutes!

I still need to return those cards to you. Sorry for having to leave early and unexpectedly.

PM me when someone with the account is online tomorrow(?) and I will get them back to you.

Here was my (sort of disappointing) 0-1 deck from yesterday. I should have focused more on early interaction or picked up heavier ramp cards, because I got run over in my match against Aston before being able to cast my 5 and 6 drops.

4-C Titans

Strangely, looking through our decks it doesn't look like anyone apart from me was playing red, and for me it was just a splash. I think yan had some red in his 5cc deck too? I do remember seeing very late Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning, which I thought was unusual.

I had a bunch of red cards and was considering Jund (hence the Wooded Foothills, Taiga) until I saw Gideon, Blade Splicer (who I played but I forgot to add here on here), and Sun Titan late in pack 2.