General Tapping in Cube

As a lot of people here toned down their power level, I think tapping is something that could be very well discussed. The two main colours of tapping creatures/permanents are certainly Blue and White, and there are lots of different types of cards that tap something. If you want something as busted as Yosei, the Morning Star, regular tap effects seem to be overall too weak for you, but if you like to gain temporary advantage of cards like Sleep, then there might be some room for discussion.

Compared to bounce, tapping creatures/permanents usually isn't nearly as effective, as things don't need to be played another time, wasting your opponents mana or a land drop. On the other hand, there are tapping effects with the close 'do(es)n't untap during [...] next untap step', which is better to get rid of pesky blockers or hasty attackers for longer than one turn (especially when the card comes at instant speed), also, your opponents aren't able to profite from their ETBs.

An environment still needs to do some work for tapping effects to be effective. I want to know if some of you people actually have some experiences to share with us, especially on the following ones:

I play Blinding Mage over Fan Bearer and Gideon's Lawkeeper btw. I don't want cc1 non-humans because of double Stromkirk Noble, and I think the effect is strong enough to be on a two mana dude as you're always able to switch to the biggest dude they have.

I run Sleep as part of a "blue is aggro too" package. It's a very powerful card sometimes, but even when it's not great it buys you a few turns. Also reasonable in control decks as a means of buying time to wrath. Also helps breaking boring board stalls.

Sleep is something I'll definitely try. What about Grip of the Roil? For two mana it cantrips and functions as a lifegain spell, or enables your threats to hit your opponent's face, maybe for two turns.

Tapping on attack is better for aggressive white decks, but I don't want my White decks to bei only aggressive.

Look at the OP. :D I've considered it, but drawing a card looks better than tapping another creature, especially if your opponent only has one threat on board, and Surge isn't much harder to fulfill than Spell Mastery. Still need to see it in practice.

I liked it, too, but I wanted to weaken the card that is able to tap down your opponent's best creature every turn. An artifact is harder to interact with than a creature.
Icy Manipulator on the other hand comes down a few turns later, which makes it quite reasonable for me.