General The Alter Thread

That is so cool!

I did that too with an old cube once. That Diabolic Servitude and that Mirage Mountain :)
Thanks, I just need to get the cube played a bit more, so that more lands are signed! It does add a litte something to the draft.

Thanks, I just need to get the cube played a bit more, so that more lands are signed! It does add a litte something to the draft.

It does!
You should make it a rule that they always have to draw something besides signing. Even the poor drawings are interesting and unique.

We used to sign every card that ‘won’ a cube game. Dealing the last point of damage. Not the best card but the card tha actually won. However that wouldn’t make sense in the modern term of cubing where we shuffle, draft, deck build and play tournaments IMO.

I have many expensive cards with weird things on them :p Or had, I guess, since they're probably not as valuable to everyone else any longer.

I visited my mum these days, which meant I had access to photoshop again. I used this opportunity to make these fetches for my cube, and I figured I share them with you guys, in case someone else also proxes the cycle. They are technically not alters but renders, which makes the sharing possible!

If anyone wants the PSD just pm me.

PS. Ondee, haven't forgotten you. Contact me if you're still interested :)

RW Kopie.jpg UB Kopie.jpg UR Kopie.jpg WB Kopie.jpg WU Kopie.jpg BG Kopie.jpg BR Kopie.jpg GU Kopie.jpg GW Kopie.jpg RG Kopie.jpg

Not if they're this efficient, but I do like the art :) Enlightened Tutor, especially, is gorgeous!
Going down a card is a real cost. I like Mystical Tutor and haven't found it to be problematic. (or, at least, it's less problematic than it is useful)

Reactions: dbs

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Going down a card is a real cost. I like Mystical Tutor and haven't found it to be problematic. (or, at least, it's less problematic than it is useful)
Oh, I know. But I run (for real)

I like my tutors to be at the "decent enough, I guess" level, a line Mystical Tutor definitely crosses. Personal Tutor is useful enough in certain decks (combo, spells matter, to a lesser extent control (it does find you that Wrath effect after all, even if it's slow)) that I don't feel the need to upgrade it.

I really like those tutors explicitly, because they are efficient, but card disadvantage. So they are really not so good when you just search for a kill or counter spell or some random 5-drop. They are, however, cheap and splashable cards to search for important build arounds, so having them in the cube helps more niche decks to work. I wouldn't run Demonic Tutor for example, but tutoring to the top seems just fair to me. Drake Haven and Wildfire decks just don't really work out with their key card on the bottom.

Speaking of fun, deckshaping cards. Does anyone run this one? It is my favorite render I did so far, so I wanted to share it with you guys :)

Wave render Kopie.jpg

Getting back into this altering thing a little bit
C6vFUODl.jpg
L8f1eURm.jpg
ucWu4Q9l.jpg

Good job, Suicufnoc!

This reminds me; has anyone seen a Mystery Booster Testing card being altered? Borderless or otherwise :p

Good job, Suicufnoc!

This reminds me; has anyone seen a Mystery Booster Testing card being altered? Borderless or otherwise :p

No, but i'm thinking about doing something to one. Not sure what I'd do.

Also, scryfall has high quality scans of a few of them now(some of which came from me :) ) in case anyone needs them for proxies. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna print out just the sticker part on actually stickers and put them on real cards for a more authentic experience...

No, but i'm thinking about doing something to one. Not sure what I'd do.

Also, scryfall has high quality scans of a few of them now(some of which came from me :)

What?!! Niiiice! :) I was waiting for those and then you turned out to be the hero I didn’t deserve.

FB_IMG_1576767015859.jpg
I think I'm gonna sell this one and do a better one to keep in the cube but I thought I'd share. First I've tried like this.