Card/Deck The Boros Legion (RW)

So, I went down to 2 cards per colour pair, and while the first set Boros card is Feather, the Redeemed I have gathered what strikes me as interesting for the 2nd slot:

Tajic is an aggro card, Showdown looks somewhat goodstuff-y, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
I tend to add Tajic, as I like mentor and the protection it provides, but I'm not sure.

Since I'm not playing much Kaldheim limited (I don't like the set) there might be someone else around here who can tell me about Showdown of the Skalds?

Showdown is pretty much the best card advantage you'll get in Boros colors. Essentially a 4 mana draw 4. If your deck is built low to the ground, this usually means refueling with bodies, some interaction, and maybe a piece of removal to use proactively. The appeal of it is that it's more universally useful in various decks featuring RW like slower Mardu or Jeskai decks, but if you have an aggressive Boros archetype in your cube Tajic is a really strong signal and roleplayer.

Tajic is one of my favorite Boros cards in years due to sheer damage output and human synergies so it gets the nod over Showdown for me.

Yeah Showdown is a bomb in KHM limited - even when you "miss" you draw like 1-2 cards, some land drops, and put 2-3 +1/+1 counters however you like. Rarely you get to cast something on the same turn (which is its big drawback, doing nothing immediately), but the following turn is wild, and the third is oppressive if you had anything in hand. Strange card to evaluate without playing because of the first turn, but you get all the tempo back and more on II and III, if your spells aren't too expensive.

It is pretty good-stuffy, yes. Try it if your boros decks need more fuel.