Card/Deck The Heartbeat Deck

I feel very wasteland about it

That shit stresses me out. Like non basic land tricks are something that is not usually very amazing or draft dominating, while being one of the better avenues for boring decks to get cute. It seems kinda wrong headed to me to be standing behind wasteland heavy play because it keeps down the odd volrath stronghold heavy game. Isn't that like cheering on the guy that just knocked the icecream cone out of a child's hand?

Like, green ramp decks only get so many interesting things to do, and a lot of that has to do with mana sinks and a certain titan. Many cube designers really favor ramp and ramp related themes (midranged / 5CC) in their green sections. They live the dream when they pull off their dumb value combo they have very little way of sifting through their deck to find and we want it to be regularly wastelanded?

I also just find wasteland kinda stressful. I get really scared of taking 5 mana cards or being in 3 colours when I know I'm playing in a format where I expect to be playing against them often. (Tec Edge is similar in eric's cube, but it's super hard to play control on 2 colours in his cube so I have to make do.)