General The Izzet League (UR)

Thopterist will also be my artifact.dec card in UR, when I include that theme into my cube. The options are relatively limited, though.

We want to support UR artifacts (maybe, as a secondary strategy) in our cube, but we don't wanna run Goblin Welder.
Currently we're thinking about a relevant deck type for this strategy. Boros artifacts are aggro in our cube, Dimir artifacts are a control version with Tezzeret and Shackles. And what about Izzet? Maybe, tempo? I'm just not sure about control.
And after we choose a playstyle, what are the cards to build around? Is Storm the Vault decent enough? We also thought about Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
We want to support UR artifacts (maybe, as a secondary strategy) in our cube, but we don't wanna run Goblin Welder.
Currently we're thinking about a relevant deck type for this strategy. Boros artifacts are aggro in our cube, Dimir artifacts are a control version with Tezzeret and Shackles. And what about Izzet? Maybe, tempo? I'm just not sure about control.
And after we choose a playstyle, what are the cards to build around? Is Storm the Vault decent enough? We also thought about Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain.

Tempo-control is very strong, preferably with some go-wide and overrun cards. That deck can best handle the different extremes in UR deck building. Either it can come crashing in with evasion/psudo evasion creatures and burn, or it can play a slower game, making chip damage with creatures/burn, while building up mana for a big fireball-esque affect to close out the late game.

Jhoira is pretty cool for an artifact value deck. I really like the clean but powerful way she rewards you for playing lots of artifacts. It is a good signaling card that tempts you to go for that archetype.