The Midrange / Walker Cube (Gobi Cube)

I started working on this cube a long time ago mostly because I enjoy playing interesting midrange decks and really like forcing walkers... So why not make a cube where everyone has to draft like me XD

Walker^3

To be clear, it does seem like I have done a few things differently than other cubes I have found on Cobra that focus on walkers. A few include literally every walker from Jace, Cunning Castaway to Oko and Minsc and Boo. Some have literally every* non walker card in there cube have interaction with walkers. Some include such a wide cast of walkers type wise that finding ways for the cube to work around all of them is impossible, like Calix, destiny's hand.

I wanted to make a regular midrange focused cube, just starting with a lot of walkers and working from there

My Process and Rules

In my case I cut off several types of walkers in several stages... First I cut all the walkers that are just completely gross, Oko, Minsc and boo, Nissa, who shakes the world. And then all the walkers that are just terrible, basically all of the duel deck planeswalkers like Basri, devoted Paladin and junk like Samut, the tested. There is still a bit of a gulf between the best and worst walkers because, well, I want a lot of walkers in this cube and as you will see below I will be cutting a lot of them and even the best walkers in here wont take over the game all by themselves with how the cube is contructed.

From there, a friend of mine pointed out that walkers that can + to put creatures on the board would make for some awfully long uninteresting games, Nissa, who makes plants would just +1 all day making a wall. Same with Daretti, Ingenious Iconoclast. The worst offender as my friend pointed out would be Sorin, Lord of Inistrad. Walkers that + for creatures better cost more than 4 like Liliana, Dreadhorde General, have really nothing else going for them like Jaya, Fiery Negotiator or be uncommon enough that they wont be against each other, I felt like white deserved Elspeth, Knight-Errant.

Next, I thought this cibe needs to be you know coherent and functional. If a walker needs a bunch of a specific type of creature its gone, I cant add a load of cards into the cube to support what only a few walkers care about. Walkers that care about elves, vampires, enchantments, pirates, devils, so on would just be to difficult to make work. I also cut Mill, so no Ashiok. I guess you dont need to build around them much but mill and discard walkers would just kinda try and control the board and win over a loooong game which would be lame.

Lastly, I cut a lot of walkers that rely on things that wont be abundant in decks because there are so many walkers. Those that care about instants and sorceries wont have enough of those to play with, Green walkers that look through the top cards for creatures (this is a huge number) would struggle to find much + the few aformentioned enchant walkers.

Archetypes

Once this was all done and I had my core of walkers I needed to fill the cube out with other things. I tried to avoid cards that outshine walkers especially low cost creatures that would render decks with more walkers irelevant. I dont have much to say about what I picked here. I didnt want to completely gut aggro as a concept but with the number of walkers going around I didnt want to make it the best game plan.

In the end the cube did not end up with many solid archetypes which is fine.
Dimir artifacts are a thing (with perhaps a red splash)
Azorius Flicker is a thing
Funnily enough mono red became a thing which I dont mind, Gives new players something easy to build and you should easily be able to bail into other options.

...And beyond that I havent ran enough drafts to see what other types of decks might show up. Selesenya counters are also possible, Simic stall into kiora ults possibly? The few drafts we have ran of this cube have gone fairly well but we have not ran it with 8 players yet which I would like.

Im not entirely sure where* this Cube needs help but give me any thoughts and suggestions, thanks for the read.

Clockspinning is my pet card it isnt going anywhere.