The Music Thread

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Just saw Den Sorte Skole live and they were amazing! Seeing them again on Friday.

I was talking to one of them and he said last week in Denmark they played a sold out show of 15'000 people. Here in London they played a tiny basement gig. I guess it's like that for many international musicians.

I'm subjecting my colleagues to Den Sorte Skole at the moment :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Aaaaand I got invited to a wedding on the 12th of May! That's some bad planning right there :p Guess I'll have to record the finals...

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
This song has been making me happy for days now:

Also, what's happening...?

Those betting sites are setting a whole country up for a night of disappointment, aren't they? Like, we had a really good song in 2014, and we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling Conchita Wurst! Seriously though, our last win was in 1975, and it's been kind of a Dutch tradition to laugh at our hopeless odds of ever winning again for a long, long time now :')

To be fair, it's a good song!

Arcade is my number 8 choice. There's a website you can rank all the songs for your choices. Nice the Netherlands has a good song this year. Norway is my favourite this time.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member

Those betting sites are setting a whole country up for a night of disappointment, aren't they? Like, we had a really good song in 2014, and we would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for that meddling Conchita Wurst! Seriously though, our last win was in 1975, and it's been kind of a Dutch tradition to laugh at our hopeless odds of ever winning again for a long, long time now :')

Those are some low odds. Has there ever been one this odds-on to win?

It seems okay I guess, it's the drop that makes it, otherwise it would just be too much of a lull for me.

Not too sure how how I feel about our entrant this year, we usually do pretty well even though we aren't technically supposed to be in it. We even had a tele-vote on this one that I watched with mild interest. The song that won was very much, the most 'eurovision-esque' I must admit. I hope she does alright, as I have seen her around on media outlets for years and she can certainly sing. Here is what I remember from her the most:

I just think that some don't enjoy hearing high-pitched voices, which will lead to her not willing but I hope we end up in the top half.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Arcade is my number 8 choice. There's a website you can rank all the songs for your choices. Nice the Netherlands has a good song this year. Norway is my favourite this time.
Yeah, I'm not expecting the Netherlands to win, that would be weird :') The song does stand out as an excellent downtempo song between a number of good uptempo songs.

Also, Portugal. wat.

I like Lake Malawi (Czech Republic) a lot! Such a cute, laid-back song :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Holy shit, he did it! :D