Card/Deck The Orzhov Syndicate (WB)

Yeah, the B/W or Mardu Artifact deck is super dope, just really fun. Going deep on eggs as a recursive engine is always a blast, and you get those cool Mirodin style decks where the colorless core lets you go in neat directions, since its largely immune to color fixing concerns. Its the type of structure that can get you either sweet mono-colored decks, or cool sunburst style multi-color decks. Works great with the pox cards too, and can even reach out into green for the recursive baron pieces for a different varient.

Salvaging station looks like a really great bit of tech for it, and I should probably find room for renegade map and bloodforged axe.

Also curious about these cards

Underhanded designs is a build around-ish card that is another black card that says the colour cares about artifacts. It's mostly a doom blade that requires some work but sometimes can provide a bit of reach, especially when combined with artifact recursion (notice a theme?). Adding the black cards that care about artifacts has really provided another dimension to black which I really like.

For the longest time I was cold on the weaponcraft enthusiast but it's subtly great. Provides bodies for the sac deck, and is easy to recur, but the bodies are also artifact, so has synergies there as well. I don't have any counters matter themed cards but for those that do it might provide a relatively interesting fabricate decision at some point.

Tamiyos journal is a colourless phyrexian arena that requires you to establish control to get advantage out of it, whilst spending mana, which is where I want control decks to be, allowing slower aggro time to compete. Being colourless it helps control decks be interesting across colours, and can bring tutoring to colours that don't always have easy access to it, whilst providing interesting decisions on whether to draw or tutor. It creates permanents which combo with things like flame fusillade or makeshift munitions, which just add cool synergies. I really like it.

Don't get me wrong, the BW sac-aggro and artifacts decks are great, it would just be nice to have some choice.

There's sac aggro
Sac combo
Sac control
Go wide aggro
Artifact decks
stax/prison
Lifegain aggro
Lifegain combo/control
Reanimator
Control
Death and taxes style decks
Warrior tribal

You could also try enchantments/constellation, or blink with sacrifice/reanimate effects in black. That feels like a decent amount of choice?

Chris Taylor

Contributor
There's sac aggro
Sac combo
Sac control
Go wide aggro
Artifact decks
stax/prison
Lifegain aggro
Lifegain combo/control
Reanimator
Control
Death and taxes style decks
Warrior tribal

You could also try enchantments/constellation, or blink with sacrifice/reanimate effects in black. That feels like a decent amount of choice?

Forest Gump said:
shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich