The Podcast / Audiobook thread

I rotate a couple of different podcasts on a weekly basis depending what I'm feeling. I work a job that consists of a lot of concurrent projects and working on the computer pretty much day in and day out so I tend to go through a looooot of podcasts and music. Sometimes I'll save a few episodes for a longer drive or particular workday, really depends on how much I need to pay attention to it versus casually follow along. I'm subscribed to the following (in no particular order):

1. Monday Morning Podcast (Bill Burr's comedy podcast on Monday and Thursday, usually listen at office and finish on car rides)
2. The Lowe Post (Zach Lowe's basketball podcast on Monday and Thursday, usually listen on my drive to keep up with NBA news)
3. MTGGoldfish Podcast (Weekly MTG pod recapping the previous weeks news on Mondays)
4. NO SKIPS with Jinx and Shea (Hip-hop/rap retrospective pod deepdiving into memorable albums weekly)
5. The Dave Chang Show (Grab-bag of many different topics, mostly focused upon things in the food world, and hosted by David Chang of Momofuku fame)
6. MTGGoldfish Commander Podcast (Weekly episodes focused upon a specific topic related to Commander)
7. GeniusBrain (Conversational podcast between comedian David So and various guests on a variety of topics)
8. WTF with Marc Maron (Interviews between comedian Marc Maron and guests in various forms of media, typically hour plus conversations)
9. How Did We Get Weird (Weekly podcast co-hosted by siblings Vanessa and Jonah Bayer where they dive into nostalgic topics from childhood with a variety of guests)
10. The Rewatchables (Bill Simmons' movie retrospective podcast where they deepdive into all the details of a particular film they find rewatchable)

I usually listen to MMP and Lowe Post on my drives to and from work, save GeniusBrain episodes for longer drives out of town, and the rest are kind of rotated throughout that week at work. A lot of them aren't time sensitive or get outdated so sometimes I'll just forget about them for a while and then have 5-6 episodes to catch up on down the line. One of my other hobbies is woodworking and that's usually a whole afternoon or weekend on a given project so it's a perfect way to spend the time as I'm mostly focused on spinning machinery. I can get through quite a few depending on what I'm working on. Finally, podcasts are especially great whenever I make a drive up to north San Francisco from either LA or San Diego a few times a year and have about 12 hours to kill round trip.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
The only podcast I've listened to is A Podcast of Unnecessary Detail with my favorite stand-up mathematician Matt Parker, who's joined by Steve Mould and Helen Arney to talk about bits of random trivia tied together by the episode's topic/word. I just learned a second season is coming, so this is the perfect time to listen to the six episodes of the first season ;)

I rotate a couple of different podcasts on a weekly basis depending what I'm feeling. I work a job that consists of a lot of concurrent projects and working on the computer pretty much day in and day out so I tend to go through a looooot of podcasts and music. Sometimes I'll save a few episodes for a longer drive or particular workday, really depends on how much I need to pay attention to it versus casually follow along. I'm subscribed to the following (in no particular order):

1. Monday Morning Podcast (Bill Burr's comedy podcast on Monday and Thursday, usually listen at office and finish on car rides)
2. The Lowe Post (Zach Lowe's basketball podcast on Monday and Thursday, usually listen on my drive to keep up with NBA news)
3. MTGGoldfish Podcast (Weekly MTG pod recapping the previous weeks news on Mondays)
4. NO SKIPS with Jinx and Shea (Hip-hop/rap retrospective pod deepdiving into memorable albums weekly)
5. The Dave Chang Show (Grab-bag of many different topics, mostly focused upon things in the food world, and hosted by David Chang of Momofuku fame)
6. MTGGoldfish Commander Podcast (Weekly episodes focused upon a specific topic related to Commander)
7. GeniusBrain (Conversational podcast between comedian David So and various guests on a variety of topics)
8. WTF with Marc Maron (Interviews between comedian Marc Maron and guests in various forms of media, typically hour plus conversations)
9. How Did We Get Weird (Weekly podcast co-hosted by siblings Vanessa and Jonah Bayer where they dive into nostalgic topics from childhood with a variety of guests)
10. The Rewatchables (Bill Simmons' movie retrospective podcast where they deepdive into all the details of a particular film they find rewatchable)

I usually listen to MMP and Lowe Post on my drives to and from work, save GeniusBrain episodes for longer drives out of town, and the rest are kind of rotated throughout that week at work. A lot of them aren't time sensitive or get outdated so sometimes I'll just forget about them for a while and then have 5-6 episodes to catch up on down the line. One of my other hobbies is woodworking and that's usually a whole afternoon or weekend on a given project so it's a perfect way to spend the time as I'm mostly focused on spinning machinery. I can get through quite a few depending on what I'm working on. Finally, podcasts are especially great whenever I make a drive up to north San Francisco from either LA or San Diego a few times a year and have about 12 hours to kill round trip.
i will definitely queue a couple of these up! i’m in a similar situation where i have a lot of times to listen to stuff while i do stuff.

some things i’ve listened to lately/regularly or really liked in the past…
“Relax With Animal Facts” for when it’s time to sleep
“nature podcast” just because i like nerdy science stuff
“Jimmy Akin’s Mysterious World” for wacky UFO/conspiracy theory content from a less sensationalist perspective than usual
“BirdNote” for cool bird facts
“The Old Farmer’s Almanac” so i can pretend i’m a tough self sufficient country dweller (this one is not posting anymore but i revisit it once in a blue moon for fun)
a couple of the podcasts Bishop Barron puts out, and Bible in a Year, because i’m Catholic
“Well Listened” is a newer one but it’s like a serialized audiobook reading
“Lords of Limited” because i like to pretend i’m good at limited
oh and i don’t listen anymore but i really liked the first couple “seasons” of Welcome to Night Vale

landofMordor

Administrator
"Hardcore History" & "Hardcore History: Addendum" are great history shows, long-winded but incredibly well-researched.
I listen to LoL, LR, and "Drafting Archetypes" with Sam Black because I, too, like to pretend I'm good at Limited.
"The Bible for Normal People" is a very well-researched, thoughtful, and not-at-all-what-you're-thinking biblical scholarship podcast.
I loved "The Resleevables" and I need them to come back.
I listen to the Star Wars 'casts "Full of Sith", "Skytalkers", and occasionally "Coffee with Kenobi", in order of descending affinity. I am not here for the negative "fan" criticism of star wars, don't @ me.
"Ear Hustle" is a docuseries about life at San Quentin State Prison, 10/10
"Your Undivided Attention" is about modern technology and how that affects the metacrisis facing society. very good.
"Art of the Score" is movie scores + Aussie accents

but i definitely need more shows. My partner likes true crime shows and comedy shows, but each genre kinda disgusts me in its own way.