General The Waddell Scale

The Waddell Scale is a ranking of the joy you feel after commenting in response to other user's feedback or reactions on Riptidelab.
Your feeling of joy is ranked from 1 (very sad) to 10 (very happy).

As one of the Riptidelab scales, the Waddell scale is analogous to Rosewater's Rabiah scale for planes and Storm scale for mechanics.

• Very sad
  • Level 1: No one likes your comment and no one comments on your comment. Will definitely happen.

• Level 2: No one likes your comment but one user comments on your comment. Will definitely happen, but not necessarily right away.

• Level 3: One user likes your comment but no user comments on your comment. Will most likely happen, probably many times.

• Level 4: One user likes your comment and one user comments on your comment. Will most likely happen, but it has issues that make it less of a guarantee.

• Level 5: One user likes your comment and several users comment on your comment. You need to find the right topic but I'm optimistic.

• Level 6: Several users like your comment and one user comments on your comment. You need to find the right topic but I'm a little less optimistic.

• Level 7: Several users like your comment and several users comment on your comment. It's unlikely, but possible if the right topic comes along.

• Level 8: Jason Waddell comments on your comment. It's unlikely, but possible if the stars align.

• Level 9: Jason Waddell likes your comment. I never say never, but this would require a minor miracle.

• Level 10: Jason Waddell likes your comment and comments on your comment. I never say never, but this would require a major miracle.
  • Very happy

Last edited:

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
The Waddell Scale is a ranking of the joy you feel after commenting in response to other user's feedback or reactions on Riptidelab.
Your feeling of joy is ranked from 1 (very sad) to 10 (very happy).

As one of the Riptidelab scales, the Waddell scale is analogous to Rosewater's Rabiah scale for planes and Storm scale for mechanics.

• Very sad
  • Level 1: No one likes your comment and no one comments on your comment. Will definitely happen.

• Level 2: No one likes your comment but one user comments on your comment. Will definitely happen, but not necessarily right away.

• Level 3: One user likes your comment but no user comments on your comment. Will most likely happen, probably many times.

• Level 4: One user likes your comment and one user comments on your comment. Will most likely happen, but it has issues that make it less of a guarantee.

• Level 5: One user likes your comment and several users comment on your comment. You need to find the right topic but I'm optimistic.

• Level 6: Several users like your comment and one user comment on your comment. You need to find the right topic but I'm a little less optimistic.

• Level 7: Several users like your comment and several users comment on your comment. It's unlikely, but possible if the right topic comes along.

• Level 8: Jason Waddell comments on your comment. It's unlikely, but possible if the stars align.

• Level 9: Jason Waddell likes your comment. I never say never, but this would require a minor miracle.

• Level 10: Jason Waddell likes your comment and comments on your comment. I never say never, but this would require a major miracle.
  • Very happy