Card/Deck Tokens Combo

I think I prefer

Because it provides itself as a body, and a slightly lower curve.

Edit: but this is TOKEN combo, and Fresh Meat is much better in this regard for sure.

Right. Claw could definitely go in a more general sacrifice deck for sure, but obviously won't provide much gas if most of your other creatures are all in the form of tokens, heh.

Fresh meat seems really good here.

Life / Death would also been really powerful here, and also helps cement this into the a black/green colours. As a free sac card as well, this is good:

Also, how do you card image split cards? Could we update the stickied how to at the top of this forum please? I looked but couldn't find anything. Thanks.

This slipped under my radar since it's a Commander-only card:

The ceiling is obviously lower than on Caller of the Claw/Fresh Meat, but leaving up a single mana is easier to do and harder to play around. It might also work in a more generic control deck where you cast it after a Wrath since it counts opponent's creatures too.

I think I prefer

Because it provides itself as a body, and a slightly lower curve.

Edit: but this is TOKEN combo, and Fresh Meat is much better in this regard for sure.

Outside of the token context, I prefer Vile Redeemer. The floor is much higher. And if you are sacrificing nontokens, the smaller bodies you get back are not a deal breaker.

Agree that Vile Redeemer looks like a lot of hard work without colorless support. And as I said in another thread, the stupid thing is just so wordy... Why not rewrite Caller of the Claw to make scions or something?

Well... my argument is more that Vile Redeemer is a relevant 3/3 body with mild upside. Whereas Caller of the Claw is bad without the trigger, which constrains gameplay a lot. How are you using it with the trigger? If you're not doing something unfair with it... you're hoping to attack and trade on your turn for a Gisa's Bidding? you're attacking a bunch of creatures into some favorable blocks and recouping some bodies which still isn't bigger than the other board? you're passing with mana up to counter a sweeper? On the other hand, if you are doing something unfair, is it really that much worse to be getting 1/1s instead of 2/2s? In fact, the scions' sacrifice ability might make them better.

Yes, it's a little harder to turn on Vile Redeemer's upside...but is it really thaaat hard? If you treat the upside as a splash, you would want 3-5 sources. Conveniently, Vile Redeemer is green (not really but still), the color of land searching. One basic Waste can easily add at least 2-3 colorless sources. From there, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to have 1-2 more colorless sources through utility lands or artifact mana. Some fixing lands (filters/pains) also work.

We've had extensive discussion in other threads about {c} mana. It's a pretty hefty downside. Also it's 4 mana for Redeemer + upside, while Caller is only ever 3. I play Redeemer in standard, and it's a fine card, but the cost is very real even there. I had it in my cube for a while, support {c}, and I cut it.
You can prefer whichever you want, but know that there are very real arguments against it and for Caller.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Inspired by someone suggesting Organ Harvest, which has apparently never been mentioned here before, how about using tokens as a bridge to a super-ramp archetype?

The idea is that you play out your things early and build towards one big turn where you get a sudden burst of 8+ mana and funnel it into big stuff (Eldrazi, maybe Griselbrand or Craterhoof Behemoth or similar depending on power level) or even just a big Walking Ballista