General TwitchTV Stuff

Aoret

Developer
I feel like we need a centralized place to talk about making our twitch streams good.

A few things I know we need:
  • A publicized list somewhere of everyone's stream URLs
  • A decent overlay that works at multiple resolutions

Some random feedback after watching Jason/Aston grid draft earlier:
  • I liked skype on during the grid draft itself and I liked the style you guys used of openly discussing your strategies as commentary. Probably isn't optimal in terms of being competitive with one another, but it made the whole thing SO much more spectate-able. I feel like I learned a little about grid draft just hearing your thoughts.
  • I liked your choice to NOT have skype on during the matches because it allowed for Jason to share his thoughts about strategy during the game (I assume aston was doing the same but couldn't find his stream. See note above)
  • Jason's positioning of his camera blocked chat, definitely need to address this because I was missing out on ingame discussion (see overlay comments above)
  • I think Jason disagrees with me here, but I think it's important for viewers to see both grid draft lists as the draft progresses. Possible that this could be addressed with something as simple as a good docs list maintaining both side-by-side during the draft. This has the added benefit of leveraging Laz' awesome add-on. It's a bit more work for the streamer to maintain both his and his opponent's list, but I think it actually helps with strategy as well so the cost is easy to stomach.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
  • Jason's positioning of his camera blocked chat, definitely need to address this because I was missing out on ingame discussion (see overlay comments above)
  • I think Jason disagrees with me here, but I think it's important for viewers to see both grid draft lists as the draft progresses. Possible that this could be addressed with something as simple as a good docs list maintaining both side-by-side during the draft. This has the added benefit of leveraging Laz' awesome add-on. It's a bit more work for the streamer to maintain both his and his opponent's list, but I think it actually helps with strategy as well so the cost is easy to stomach.
Feel free to mention any improvements I can make while the stream is on. Where do you want the camera, top-right?

It's probably actually better to have both lists visible, I agree. 2-column Google Doc is probably the best for this. If it's an interactive doc then the streamer doesn't have to manage both people's lists.

I like watching drafts mostly, then games if the commentary is good/the deck is sweet. The more 6-8 mans we can put together, the better. I liked Jason's video from yesterday, it was pretty fun to watch and interact. No Bob betrayal by taking 7 to the face though.