General [UMA] Ultimate Masters

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
So, I know this is a full reprint set, but have you seen the spoilers so far?

No, not the box toppers. Whatever...

en_NgDN6uuBO2.png

Someone did right by this set :)

PS. I'm also very excited that they, finally, decided to give a Frantic Search a reprint!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I have wanted this in a more modern version for more than 10 years.

View attachment 2183
It's pretty perfect. New border, legendary border flourish, colorless mana symbol, flavor text divider. I almost want to cube with it again, but it doesn't fit in the cube I want to build. Exceedingly fine choice for a reprint though!

Not give me a Smokestack reprint Wizards!

I've been tempted to Phyrexian Tower in my cube for years to support my aristocrats package. Does anyone have any experience running it outside of a utility land draft??

I would imagine that it's probably powerful enough to be featured as a draftable land on its own. The only reason I have it in my ULD currently is because I have Volrath's Stronghold taking up a slot in the main cube and don't want to have two lands with the same color identity.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Apart from the beautiful, beautiful Vengeful Rebirth, Slippery Bogle and Spoils of the Vault stand out as especially awesome to me. I also much prefer the new Frantic Search to the old one, even though I think even better art could be made. Little Dead Riding Hood also made me chuckle :)

And you missed a bunch of new art! I mean, a lot :) Part 1:

en_qLwF4ItNO6.png
en_tQxoKVBXdF.png
en_zog62Y9PUK.png
en_p769ZZ2PFe.png
en_5lnSuhkT9r.png
en_uKE1xGVLeQ.png
en_IfYEaU0tn4.png
en_QE41IZsbaI.png
en_mLU7pt1Rh9.png
en_eGsks6zBdR.png
en_pPZTP5xMTk.png
en_JuJpEAs5Dg.png
en_BMiot7l9Vl.png
en_d4FPFqv4KR.png
en_jSUtqn9cFm.png
en_MDV8P8fbJc.png
en_mv5eB6lHID.png
en_HUH57diUq4.png
en_Bub18ba0Go.png
en_2J4s0NqWey.png

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Together with your post, that's all of it as far as I can tell.

I love the new art for Through the Breach. It's so cheeky :) Especially because you could pull that off in this set :D
Seismic Assault is a nice reinterpretation of the original art.

I'm afraid I'm also going to have to get that new Life from the Loam art.

We can't all be winners though... I'll leave you with this old art.

48.jpg

I get that the old art could be improved upon, but... The new Spirit Cairn is seriously lackluster. Noah Bradley has painted some very evocative pieces (who doesn't love History of Benalia? And Karn's Temporal Sundering is a personal favorite of mine!), but a pile of blue, glowing rocks isn't one of them.

I find it quite interesting that we have now seen the first demon on Ixalan. We just had to delve deeper than we’ve been before.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
And desperate ritual

Well, Desperate Ritual's art is great! The Akki can't help that they look that way. Plus it's a vast improvement over the old art!

Also, it's not new. It's actually from... Either Duel Decks: Mind vs. Might or You Make The Cube. Don't know which one was first actually and for which of the two this art was commissioned.

Anyway, you also missed a few of my favorites, so there :p

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ah. I saw the "You build the cube" printing, didn't see the duel deck printing.
Also has anyone heard of this "You build the cube" thing? It's got like 173 cards in it according to scryfall

Ah. I saw the "You build the cube" printing, didn't see the duel deck printing.
Also has anyone heard of this "You build the cube" thing? It's got like 173 cards in it according to scryfall

it's what they called the set / treasure chests for simonot timothée's Twisted Colour Pie Cube when it won the YMTC contest.