General Uninstall Magic Online

Uninstall Magic Online!
This is a command from Wizards of the Coast.
You have 7 days.

Afterwards you may reinstall the game under a new company.
Wizards of the Coast has officially departed from Magic Online.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articl...ne/magic-online-transition-details-2022-10-11

Q: Do I need to do anything with my account to prepare for the transition?
A: No action is required prior to October 18. To improve client performance, you can take the following recommended action:
  • Clear out old non-League draft decks from the Freeform section of your Collection:
    • You can shift-click to mass-select a group of decks within a format. Then right-click, choose Delete, and confirm deletion with "OK."
You don't need to uninstall it quite yet, but in 7 days they'll transfer to a new server.

Edit: I feel obliged to say this is not about WotC leaving MtG. Last year, Daybreak already took over the development of MtGO, and they're now (finally) moving the game to one of their own servers. A logical step, if you ask me.

Last edited:
any idea whether they're planning to have cooler or worse policies than wotc?
(mostly just a point of curiousity, though i think i technically have an mtgo account somewhere)

any idea whether they're planning to have cooler or worse policies than wotc?
(mostly just a point of curiousity, though i think i technically have an mtgo account somewhere)

I don’t think much is known right now. But they have certainly made some things more expensive. For instance if you want to transfer your digital cards into physical it is now a lot more expensive.