General Using Cube Cobra statistics, what are the most unique cards in your list?

Thanks alot man. I might give Kris Mage a shot and I'll try again to get Voyager Staff into my Ravnica cubey which is at a retail limited power level.

But I have to bother you again as I forgot one card:

Is instant speed blink plus not really instant speed reanimation worth 5 mana usually?

I really like the idea as I don't have many blink enablers in black besides a bunch of ninjas and Hell'sCaretaker.

It is for me! I've chosen to price unrestricted reanimation at {4}, so going to {5} buys you an extra blink and the ability to play draw/go. I also have a comparatively higher number of reanimation targets than most cubes (1-3 in each color + 2 colorless), I think, so it's much more valuable than in the 'average' cube that doesn't stray much past {6} at most.

cube uniques.PNG
These are mine from my Two-Headed Giant Showdown. Not surprised that a good deal of my squadron picks (the ones in purple[x4] and lilac[x2]) aren't more widespread!

Some of the most relevant oddities:

White artifact support. White can even do multiple artifacts at once with Shrine of Loyal Legions and Sram's Expertise, so it can be pretty good even without lifelink ever triggering.

Human aggro support. And good with your other head attacking too!

I didn't want Upheaval, but wanted a similar effect, and the cube is 2-Headed, so surge is a slam dunk.

For tokens and all those Squadron Picks.

It's a {T}:Entomb. Bonus points if you get the the 4x Creeping Chill or 4x Narcomoeba, but do you really need that to make use of an Entomb every turn?

This will probably be in every cube I build. It's everything a black 2-drop needs to do!

I might be forcing this too much with all of the squadron picks around this archetype (2x the cycling lands, 4x Yidaro, Wandering Monster, 4x Hollow One), but I stand my ground until the deck becomes overdrafted and gets boring. How could I pass the "any player" clause?

I totally stole this idea from japahn and made green the counters color.

From the draft modifier cards, this is the most underrated. Whenever I draft this card, I end up with at least 3 or 4 cards per draft that I thought I'd never see wheeling back to me, but that just fit what I'm trying to do. Right now, I have Lore Seeker, Cogwork Librarian and this in the strategy slot, meaning that they are seeded in the first booster to maximize their impact in the draft.

Last edited:
Wait, Earthcraft sees so little play? That card is busted, I thought more high power cubes would run it. Anyways, my genius inclusions are:

I think the only spicy pick from those is Devastating Dreams.

Earthcraft is great, but it's pretty fair if you don't have a lot of enablers.

Love to see others playing Contamination. Great card, and it reminds me of why I first started cubing (as does Hokiri, now that I think about it!).

I used to run Devastating Dreams, but not surprised it's in the spicy category these days. It's quite powerful but it's not the thing the typical drafter will gravitate towards for sure.

View attachment 4742
These are mine from my Two-Headed Giant Showdown. Not surprised that a good deal of my squadron picks (the ones in purple[x4] and lilac[x2]) aren't more widespread!

Some of the most relevant oddities:

White artifact support. White can even do multiple artifacts at once with Shrine of Loyal Legions and Sram's Expertise, so it can be pretty good even without lifelink ever triggering.

Human aggro support. And good with your other head attacking too!

I didn't want Upheaval, but wanted a similar effect, and the cube is 2-Headed, so surge is a slam dunk.

For tokens and all those Squadron Picks.

It's a {T}:Entomb. Bonus points if you get the the 4x Creeping Chill or 4x Narcomoeba, but do you really need that to make use of an Entomb every turn?

This will probably be in every cube I build. It's everything a black 2-drop needs to do!

I might be forcing this too much with all of the squadron picks around this archetype (2x the cycling lands, 4x Yidaro, Wandering Monster, 4x Hollow One), but I stand my ground until the deck becomes overdrafted and gets boring. How could I pass the "any player" clause?

I totally stole this idea from japahn and made green the counters color.

From the draft modifier cards, this is the most underrated. Whenever I draft this card, I end up with at least 3 or 4 cards per draft that I thought I'd never see wheeling back to me, but that just fit what I'm trying to do. Right now, I have Lore Seeker, Cogwork Librarian and this in the strategy slot, meaning that they are seeded in the first booster to maximize their impact in the draft.
Shout out to Crush of Tentacles, that card is awesome, but ultimately too strong for my cube. Others should check it out though.