General White Three Drops

What are your favorite creatures in the 3 cmc slot of your white section? It's one of the deeper sections in my opinion, and there's a lot of different ways you can take it.

My section is currently in flux, but two of my favs right are:

Vesperlark really fleshes out the tiny reanimation package in white and adds a lot of dynamism to blink and sacrifice strategies. A very rewarding card to play if built around properly....Pentavus is currently my favorite target for it.

This one has been a bit of a workhorse for a while now for me. It's slots in great with the Selesnya land shuffle deck alongside things like Elvish Reclaimer, Knight of the Reliquary, Cataclysm and fetches. It can get out of hand quickly in Blink and Sacrifice/Stax strategies....and is a great card for the Berserkers archetype. It's a keeper for me.

Inscho, I'm a little surprised you don't run

It's one of my favorite Graveyard-based white cards-- but no one replaces vesperlark in my heart

I've loved her ever since she was first printed. The disruptive ability against greedier manabases has been very relevant in matches, she keeps the window open for attacking by tapping down creatures when they ETB on the other side of the field, and that 3/2 body with First Strike can actually rumble. Snap include from the moment she was spoiled and will never ever leave my cube.

Inscho, I'm a little surprised you don't run

It's one of my favorite Graveyard-based white cards-- but no one replaces vesperlark in my heart

It's bounced in and out of my cube/s over the years. It always felt it could get out of hand a little too easily with how deep the graveyard theme has been in my cube. I always prefer swingy payoffs to involve a little more work. There were also some other explosive payoffs that I was trying to keep somewhat in check like Purphoros, God of the Forge.....so that meant for me no Secure the Wastes, etc. Not to mention the WW in the casting cost always felt awkward to me as white has the hardest time filling up the graveyard of all the colors....it's a subtle mixed signal for me, and just didn't feel particularly elegant for that reason.

I've loved her ever since she was first printed. The disruptive ability against greedier manabases has been very relevant in matches, she keeps the window open for attacking by tapping down creatures when they ETB on the other side of the field, and that 3/2 body with First Strike can actually rumble. Snap include from the moment she was spoiled and will never ever leave my cube.

Love big Thalia....very flexible card. Love it in stax strategies and berserkers for its first strike. It's good, but not overpowered or a clear first pick. I always wanted a little more of a can't block sub-theme between it, Flickerwisp, and Pia Nalaar...but I could never settle on other complimentary components I liked as much. I ran Zealous Conscripts, but it was a little too good-stuff to make it into the decks I wanted it the most in...Imposing Sovereign felt a little 1D...Earthshaker Khenra too narrow. It's always in the back of my mind to bring back in.

Reactions: tbo
I've had a soft spot for blade splicer ever since it was released

I don't know why I have always had such a reservation running Blade Splicer...it hits all the right notes and is a tasty Vesperlark target to boot. It's not overly powerful either, right?

This one really does it all.

My once diehard support for this card is starting to wane. For my needs, it feels like you get a slow midrange value engine or you run a suite of Kor Skyfisher-type bodies to get off a two card repetitive combo that doesn't actively win you the game...you just bounce your dudes ad infinitum until your opponent's eyes bleed. I've never run Oketra's Monument for that reason. Needing to cast the creature feels weirdly restrictive for my cube right now. I do appreciate its evasion and artifact support for things like Marionette Master and Cranial Plating, but it's on the hot seat in my cube (which is in shambles rn)

I don't know why I have always had such a reservation running Blade Splicer...it hits all the right notes and is a tasty Vesperlark target to boot. It's not overly powerful either, right?

My once diehard support for this card is starting to wane. For my needs, it feels like you get a slow midrange value engine or you run a suite of Kor Skyfisher-type bodies to get off a two card repetitive combo that doesn't actively win you the game...you just bounce your dudes ad infinitum until your opponent's eyes bleed. I've never run Oketra's Monument for that reason. Needing to cast the creature feels weirdly restrictive for my cube right now. I do appreciate its evasion and artifact support for things like Marionette Master and Cranial Plating, but it's on the hot seat in my cube (which is in shambles rn)

I can see that, it does have a weird tension where the triggered ability looks like it's signaling that this is a weenie payoff when it's really not.

What do we think of this guy?

I've got him an Chainwhirler in for a bit of devotion and monocolor incentive. He's also a pretty tasty hit off of Winota to suddenly make combat math very awkward. Plus Knight synergies!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Spear is pretty decent. Aggro decks can appreciate the anthem effect (especially if you weave some historic/legendary matters and/or prowess synergy into white), while slower decks value the activated ability and, secretly, still can make great use of the pump effect.