General Wx Archetypes

Guys, I really need your wisdom. I have a theme, centered in each color, in addition to my guild archetypes, but I can't just find anything in white. My other colors have cool themes like devotion or classics like super ramp, or they build around a specific effect like wildfire. But white? I tried cycling, but it was too parasitic and not well enough supported yet. My other white themes are:

{W/U} Blink
{W/B} Lifegain
{R/W} Go Wide Aggro
{G/W} Tokens

It would be cool to find something that has maybe a little overlap here and there, but isn't too close, so it can be distinct. Any ideas?

I think you forgot something:

But I think that's a very sweet idea in general. Do you think one could expend this theme of caring about small creatures? I already run this guy:

And I could very well imagine these in the same kind of decks:

Dusk/Dawn seems like a sttong payoff for playing mostly weenies and also works with the little reanimation theme. And the bugler would be another sweet card advantage piece for the deck. There is also stuff like Marble Titan/Meek Stone, but maybe this would be taking it too far?

You’re cooking with gas now Ravnic!
And yeah the splicers are just exactly what white wants to be doing in basically every Wx deck you can think of.

Another one that reanimates weenies, just not for the highest power levels:

And another flexible cube card that could work with this theme:

Lastly, I'm tempted to try this oldie, as there's an overlap with tokens and potentially a more interesting one than the 20th team pump effect:

Guys, I really need your wisdom. I have a theme, centered in each color, in addition to my guild archetypes, but I can't just find anything in white. My other colors have cool themes like devotion or classics like super ramp, or they build around a specific effect like wildfire. But white? I tried cycling, but it was too parasitic and not well enough supported yet. My other white themes are:

{W/U} Blink
{W/B} Lifegain
{R/W} Go Wide Aggro
{G/W} Tokens

It would be cool to find something that has maybe a little overlap here and there, but isn't too close, so it can be distinct. Any ideas?
I think the best thing for you to do would simply be invert Cycling and Blink as your Mono-White//Blue white themes.

There aren't any good mono-blue blink enablers barring Ghostly Flicker. Blue's primary purpose in a blink deck is to provide value train card draw and bounce effects which become insane with a card like Ephemerate. Most of the blink enablers which are likely to make the final 40 of a cube deck are mono-white, save the occasional Soulherder or Brago, King Eternal. Good "enters the battlefield" effects are available in every color. What this means is that you can easily make blink your base white archetype, enabling flickering across the color spectrum.

Here are some good blink targets which fit with your {W/B} W/B, {R/W} W/R, and {G/W} W/G archetypes:

{W/B} Lifegain:

Other good black blinkers:

{R/W} Go Wide Aggro:

Other good Red blinkers:

{G/W} Tokens

(Wildborn Preserver benefits from other things getting blinked).

Other good Green blinkers:

There's more for all of decks, this was just me spitballing ideas.

For a new U/W archetype, just use cycling. The problem with the mono-white cycling payoffs is that they only trigger off of specifically cycling a card. Looters can't turn on Astral Slide the same way they can Drake Haven. In addition, there aren't that many playable cycling cards to help White outside of blue.

By changing you cycling payoffs from this:

To this:

... You get to keep the archetype around while providing good cross-pollination with some of your other decks. You can even leave in Astral Drift as a card which helps bridge the gap between U/W Cycling and White Blink.

Hopefully this has been of some help to you.
-GT

Meeeaaan. I have these two guys that should work just as well with the Titan:

The second one is a bit ironic :p

I have to say though, I don't like Meek Stone. It can be unbeatable or a do nothing. The giant is easier to kill, so even when he's good, he's not obnoxious. And on the other hand, if the opponent has no dude that hits for 3+, he is at least a body (and has automatically the highest power!).

I had a good laugh!

I think the best thing for you to do would simply be invert Cycling and Blink as your Mono-White//Blue white themes.

Hopefully this has been of some help to you.
-GT

Trainmaster, you maniac. That is a pretty on point presantation you just dropped here. Like, someone would've just read this and have a easy time implementing mono white blink! It is great to have this in this thread, although I personally can't really make that swap for two reasons:

1) I'm not so convinced, that cycling works so easily. According to my recent experience, it can become quirt parasitic, as you have to add a huge amount of cycling cards, and they just happened to be not the ones my cube wanted a few zimes too often.

2) {W/U} Blink is the favorite archetype of my girlfriend. I even made a custom card of her, that creates food tokens on etb and draws cards when they get sacced (flavor: she loves eating and is smart). I wann further motivate her to play, and denying her to further Mistmeadow Witch away her Wing Splicer would feel kinda mean.

But if the little men theme doesn't work out, I'd strongly reconsider your idea!