Sets [ORI] Magic Origins Spoilers

the art is corny as hell good lord. Give that dweeb a flat billed baseball cap, some vans sneakers and a skateboard yuck.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Come on guys, don't be lazy, it's just a Google away!

Set Name: Magic Origins
Number of Cards: 272
Languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish

Official Three-Letter Code: ORI
Twitter Hashtag: #MTGORIGINS

Release Date: July 17, 2015
Magic Online Release: July 27, 2015

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Also:

kytheonheroofakros.jpg
8ot1OLd.png

PFFTHAHAHAHAHA
I just put this in. Had no clue :p

The +1 gives me mixed feelings. It's semi-flexible (pre-combat to guarantee safety but lose untap benefit, double your tap activation guy) so it's probably better than I'm giving it credit for, but my initial reaction is that it's a very "do this when nothing else makes sense" ability. If attacking is bad and lashing does nothing (since opponent is crashing in anyways and the 1 loyalty won't save him) you might as well save a blocker, right? It would be super good if you could lash as well, but as-is it's this mild deterrent when Gideon has no ultimate to build towards, and decks that play elite vanguard don't usually want to stall. Am I missing something?

I do like the Bant-related 'flavor' possibility of attacking with your team's champion, then returning them to the defensive line with buffs.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I like one drops with upside as much as more then most people. I mean, I run scute mobThis isn't my favorite, but its not bad. I'm already loving the hand-washing over this guy. Everyone is all over his nuts, saying he's like THE BEST CARD EVER so that they don't have to admit to themselves that they've been running shit cards.

Aoret

Developer
I don't get this statement at all CML, but maybe you didn't intend us to get it?
Pretty sure it's simply "A guy whose chief ability is turning into a planeswalker". OTOH, I'm pretty sure most of the things CML says aren't intended to be things most people will get.