Sets [ORI] Magic Origins Spoilers

dwynengiltleafdaen.jpg

Just... just put words on it.

Lucre this is absurd
you are the Degrassi star here don't lie
Why I never! Honestly I did know quite a few digrassi stars having grown up in toronto's art scene you couldn't help meeting a lot of young actors, never met drake though, that guy lived in a more expensive neighborhood.

trance people?
Man I have no idea why but I really dislike trance music and the people who are really into it. I guess anyone into dance is usually pretty stuck up though, it's probably all the drugs.

Dwynen is a card I will probably avoid in draft so I never have to input it's name into a decklist generator
I'm sorry Mom and dad wasn't just a little more pushed, if that ability had costed 2 I'd be going nuts but honestly just being able to throw a thopter at something you've shocked or incinerated sounds amazing.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Love it. Red just needs a couple more incidental red artifacts to solidify this. Hammer of Porphorus, Shrine of Burning Rage, Tuktuk and Iron Myr are a good start, but like one or two more and we're there. That red ring equipment from M-whatever sucks right?

I thought about making goblin arsonist an artifact creature, low power, but synergy with sacrifice effects and recursion makes that a decent spot as a "mini-perilous myr".

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Wow, that's something I can really get behind, even though it occupies the Dreaded Four-Drop Slot. Sacrificing any artifact gives it a lot of versatility if there's anything resembling an artifact theme in red in your cube.

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Its a good card: artifact themes very badly need better sac. outlets, and it also works well with red's horizontal aggro strategies. I also like how they made so much of the card a multiple of two.

I just wish that it was smaller; right now its another midrange card. I would complain about it not hitting a lot of cubes' power threshold, but thats what siege gang is for.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
I love it! It's also a Human, a 2-power creature for Recruiter/Alesha/Reveillark, and an excellent Blink target. Don't underestimate the flying either, if Spectral Procession and Lingering Souls taught us anything it's that dividable and evasive damage is really good.

elementalbond1.jpg

so there was a temur ascendancy combo deck at some point in standard

Goddammit, why couldn't temur ascendancy have been better. Haste isn't nearly good enough to make up for 3 instead of 4 and costing 3 freaking colors of mana. Eh, I should probably just be glad that this card seems a lot more playable. It seems like this could actually be a reasonable source of card advantage for green.

Edit: Also Dash Synergy? Could be a fun casual deck.