Hearthstone

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Looks like you have a lot of cards for Renolock already, and that deck certainly is fun to play (in my opinion at least :))

http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/reno-combo-warlock-gadgetzan-standard-deck

You're missing Leeroy Jenkins, Emperor Thaurissan (the reward for the last BRM wing I think?), Sylvanas, and Ragnaros. I have played the deck without Ragnaros for a long while, and I don't own Kazakus (sadly, but then again, I don't play enough to gain enough dust for creating legendaries). The cheapest Renolock deck foregoes the combo and is best against aggro decks: http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/reno-warlock-anti-aggro-gadgetzan-standard-deck. It looks like you have the cards and resources to end up somewhere in the middle of this. Maybe this? http://www.icy-veins.com/hearthstone/reno-warlock-gadgetzan-standard-deck

Ok, that was a lot of Renolock lists :)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Well... Classic is the core set of Hearthstone, of course the cards are going to be a bit more straightforward. Then again, there's brilliant stuff like Jaraxxus as well :) In the end crafting a card that's more fun to you is often worth it, provided, of course, that you're actually going to play it. I can't remember seeing Ysera in any streams I watched recently, but she certainly is a strong card when you get time. Of course with Pirate Warrior and Shaman Aggro around these days (along with the ever present Face Hunter) that's exactly what you don't get against in half of the matches these days.

I have 2k dust burning a hole in my pocket, and my ranked rewards earned me a golden Twilight Guardian. But my last pack netted me a Krul. So, Reno Priest or Reno Demonlock? For Priest I'd probably craft Ysera, and for Reno I guess Ragnaros? Ragnaros doesn't really excite me, but, me. A Reno Priest list I saw used Justicar Trueheart, but I don't really feel like crafting TGT cards right before rotation.

My current constructed-relevant legendaries:
(everything from Karazhan and LOE, first two wings of BRM)
Kazakus
Raza
Aya
Patches
Krul
Jaraxxus
Al Akir, the Windlord
Van Cleef
Bloodmage Thalnos

Less relevant:
Harrison Jones
Genzo the Shark
Auctionmaster Beardo
C'Thun
Tyrion Fordring

I love Ysera, but she's just much too slow for the meta unless you're really ramping into her. Have you thought about crafting N'Zoth and having the ability to port your decks, come rotation, into Wild reno lists? Renolock is quite strong and I personally can't say enough good things about the meta diversity (even though Pirate warrior is the most-played deck) vis a vis Standard. Here's a Wild meta snapshot I collaborated on.

and here's some highlighted decklists.
N'Zoth Renolock
combo Renolock
Anyfin Secret Paladin (this deck just popped up recently and it's astonishingly fun)
Malygos Shaman, the Grishoalbrand of the format
Reno N'Zoth Priest
Inner Fire combo-control Priest

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I've been tooling around with a slightly suboptimal Reno Priest deck, and wanted to add some spice to it.

200px-Nexus-Champion_Saraad%2822264%29.png
200px-Confessor_Paletress%2822368%29.png
200px-Auctionmaster_Beardo%2849659%29.png

How awful are these cards? Does Raza make any of them playable?

I've been tooling around with a slightly suboptimal Reno Priest deck, and wanted to add some spice to it.

200px-Nexus-Champion_Saraad%2822264%29.png
200px-Confessor_Paletress%2822368%29.png
200px-Auctionmaster_Beardo%2849659%29.png

How awful are these cards? Does Raza make any of them playable?
bad, quite solid against control, I dusted my golden copy because the only list that runs Beardo is a weird shadowform deck that doesn't work very well. With Raza I think either Saraad or Paletress are defensible.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Achievement unlocked?
hL9Kw4E.jpg

Apparently following up Majordomo with a 10 armor potion is pretty unbeatable. Actually, the exact line was Majordomo -> Deal 6 to all potion (and some other mode) -> Run Majordomo into their guy -> 10 armor potion.

upxOxTT.jpg

I took this screenshot perhaps preemptively, but you can reconstruct the board state from the game log. Gotta love the "1 mana" board clear. Coin to pump the Wyrm after stealing it. Ended the game by discovering his Antonidis and getting an immediate concession.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, been running Reno Dragon Priest lately. It's pretty fun, but the Pirate Warrior matchup in particular seems pretty bad. I did tech in Holy Smite, Blackrock Technician and Spellbreaker to make the match more bearable. Spellbreaker matches up super well with Frothing Berserker, and the their creatures often have a 4/3 pirate.

It's just, Renolock and Renomage get 3-mana board clears, and I think the requirement of having dragons really skews the Priest curve too much towards 5+ drops. It is loads of fun to play though, Discover for days.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
My most miserable game ever.

p321OLu.jpg

He got a secret agent infinite loop. I had like 5 cards left in my deck and he just kept discovering my Draconid Operative over and over. To make matters worse, earlier in the game I did Brann + Kazakus for 0 potions, because apparently I had his Excavated evil in my deck...

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, this is actually the most fun I've had with Hearthstone. I cracked a Nzoth today, and threw together a Jade Nzoth Rogue deck. It's currently 6 - 1, and I've yet to cast Nzoth.

Moral dilemma: I am sitting on 1700 dust, and kind of want to craft Shaku or something fun, but still don't have Rag. I doubt I'll accumulate another 1500 dust before rotation hits, do I just buy the rag and put off my purchases til April?

Okay, this is actually the most fun I've had with Hearthstone. I cracked a Nzoth today, and threw together a Jade Nzoth Rogue deck. It's currently 6 - 1, and I've yet to cast Nzoth.

Moral dilemma: I am sitting on 1700 dust, and kind of want to craft Shaku or something fun, but still don't have Rag. I doubt I'll accumulate another 1500 dust before rotation hits, do I just buy the rag and put off my purchases til April?

I would get Rag.

I love Ysera, but she's just much too slow for the meta unless you're really ramping into her. Have you thought about crafting N'Zoth and having the ability to port your decks, come rotation, into Wild reno lists? Renolock is quite strong and I personally can't say enough good things about the meta diversity (even though Pirate warrior is the most-played deck) vis a vis Standard. Here's a Wild meta snapshot I collaborated on.

N'Zoth Renolock
combo Renolock
Anyfin Secret Paladin (this deck just popped up recently and it's astonishingly fun)
Reno N'Zoth Priest
Safra made a Wild convert out of me. I hit Legend for the first time ever in Wild a couple days ago, largely thanks to their advice.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

N'Zoth Renolock
combo Renolock
Reno N'Zoth Priest

I opened a N'Zoth a couple weeks back. Wild is so on the menu.

Safra made a Wild convert out of me. I hit Legend for the first time ever in Wild a couple days ago, largely thanks to their advice.
Not only did you hit Legend, you hit top 100 legend! I made 453 this season. I'm very excited for the new set, some of these cards are going to be ludicrous. I'll probably post some of the more interesting or powerful builds my crew find or come up with a week or two after rotation.

I'm hoping the ludicrous number of beasts manages to bring Hunter back. A good midrange hunter deck with lots of beef and deathrattles makes my inner Jund player happy.

I finally crafted Sylvanas and Rag to get the refund, then once this set drops I'm crafting a wild deck... very excited to start playing Wild after all the hype

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
This story is so stupid, but 100% true. In my girlfriend's first pack she ever opened, she got a golden Lorewalker Cho (LoCho). Last night we were playing together on her account and decide to crack a Classic pack. She said "maybe we'll get another LoCho", and now this is our reality:

IhZPlot.jpg