Card/Deck +1/+1 Counters

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
I always liked Hunting Moa, but his cost is just too high. He's pretty strong at {1}{G} and would also be awesome if his echo was planar chaosed to {G}, but as written its too much for too little.

i already run an embarrassing number of these cards, so I'm thinking about adding a couple of the anchors and seeing how it works out.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
CML have you tried it? I had it on my list but I'm not too sure. I think we can be doing bigger things, but maybe I'm wrong.
I know some of you guys have run Elusive Krasis. How is it?

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
On Chronicler: Its one of those cards where is seems clear that its an effective card (on curve body that doesn't cost a card!), but isn't really interesting enough to want to dedicate a spot for it.

CML

Contributor
Yeah, I don't think anybody else would want it. Clear case of a card that just isn't calibrated for cube

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I haven't seen it in action that much. Its baseline stats are nonembarassing. If it evolves once you're already getting great value, even if the trigger doesn't do anything. I consider it one of the main incentive cards of the archetype.

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Renegade Krasis is pretty good. Everything Jason said is true. Also, he's 3 mana, which means he doesn't cut into those precious 4+ mana slots. One trigger is all you need for him to be decent, if you have any other dudes on board he's golden. The only downside is that as a 3/2, you need something bigger then a bear to evolve him, but you are going to want cards smaller then him to pump up in your deck too, so sometimes he ends up in awkward hands.

In my cube he has been great friends with Vinelasher Kudzu, Gyre Sage and Ordeal of Nylea (do you not see the synergies?).

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Well I have an awful memory, but I remember running Vinelasher Kudzu and not once having it be decent. It might be ok now that I'm upping to double fetchlands and making the +1/+1 counters useful even once the body isn't. But actually that pretty much only means Ion Storm unless I decide to run something like Simic Guildmage. (Actually I like that idea a little. Ideally the aura ability would be ok too but it doesn't seem useful)

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Well I have an awful memory, but I remember running Vinelasher Kudzu and not once having it be decent. It might be ok now that I'm upping to double fetchlands and making the +1/+1 counters useful even once the body isn't. But actually that pretty much only means Ion Storm unless I decide to run something like Simic Guildmage. (Actually I like that idea a little. Ideally the aura ability would be ok too but it doesn't seem useful)