Sets Battle for Zendikar Spoilers

Grillo_Parlante

Contributor
Hmmmm you are right about that. Its the tol tutors that are actual card disadvantage, but this is just a replacement effect. Thanks for the catch.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
en_aLlAWX7UrA.png

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, do you all read that language or am I missing a translation somewhere? So the rest of you don't have to leave RL...

Temple of the Forsaken Gods
Land
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
T: Add 2 to your mana pool. Use this mana only to cast colorless spells and only if you control seven or more land.
Rare

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
they said earlier this week they don't want to support tribal (the type) anymore, so colorless non-creature spells won't have the subtype Eldrazi like they did the first time around

Have we seen any reprints?

*Stupid sarcastic mention of the basic lands and Expedition fetches/shocks*
But in reality no, they haven't shown any reprints yet.
they said earlier this week they don't want to support tribal (the type) anymore, so colorless non-creature spells won't have the subtype Eldrazi like they did the first time around

There were literally four of those though- printing temple where all eldrazi spells happened to be creatures would be ok, wouldn't it?
my guess is because when Eldrazi cost 3 instead of billions (kozilek's predator being the exception), getting two mana from one land to use towards them is busted.
Well it WAS a rare- an uncommon in MM2- but it was colorless-only so you couldn't actually cast any of the drones with it. I guess printing it at rare again would both make for super-lousy games of someone starting with a karoo in play and be one of the shittiest rares to open value/collector-wise in recent magic years.

I stand mildly corrected, it just doesn't seem worth it to print a card like that.

didn't lucre design that {2}{B}{B} guy

I will say, in the many times I've seen people try to custom out the manland cycle, the UG one always stumbled people. Best thing I ever came up with was a thieving magpie, which doesn't make a bunch of sense anyways. I'm apprehensive about the UR one as well, but hopefully they've got a better feel on what that color combination should be doing than I did a few years ago when I tried.
watch the UR one be prowess

as far as the UG one goes my design i used was {U}{G} for a 2/1 evolve

i didn't really like it but it was the best thing me and my friend could come up with

FlowerSunRain

Contributor
Oh my.

Edit: FSR, weigh in:
zadahedrongrinder.jpg

Heroic? He doesn't copy auras, but free additional reckless charges is quite the dream...
He's a four drop that needs other dudes on the table to do anything. I mean, once in a while a deck will get a kick out of him, but you need to be in:

a) Some kind of heroic deck
b) That has a lot of instant/sorceries that target your creatures
c) And a fair number of creatures leaving little room for auras
d) Even though auras are one of the best incentives to play heroic

That's just too marginal, even for me who plays a fair number of marginal cards.

He's pretty cool in goblins, copying bloodlust or reckless charge for the kill, but if you don't draw one of them, he's a hill giant.

I prefer this card for this general niche.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
didn't lucre design that {2}{B}{B} guy

watch the UR one be prowess

as far as the UG one goes my design i used was {U}{G} for a 2/1 evolve

i didn't really like it but it was the best thing me and my friend could come up with

Yeah because that's what I want to do: Pay mana to make a dude, then play spells, THEN attack.

I feel like raging ravine had the growing land thing down, and another clunkier one might be a bit much