Sets Battle for Zendikar Spoilers

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
gideonallyofzendikar.jpg

It looks like fan art of Gideon as a falconer, but halfway through the artist remembered they don't know how to draw a falcon.

Every piece of art with Gideon in this set bothers me. I mean look his forehead:
AT_5.jpg

Is that something that happens irl and not just extremely weird art? His whole getup/the hedrons all look cool but they just lost it on his head and that 'perspective arm' so badly with me.

Also planeswalker art is so largely slam dunks or shit that a 'meh' art (like Origins Nissa, IMO) doesn't crop up too often.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
They need to take Aleksi Briclot, put him in a room, and make him draw planeswalkers from now until the end of time. It's a waste that they had him do Ravaging Blaze instead of, say, actual Chandra. That'd be like asking John Avon to put aside his land paintings for a second and whip us up some kithkin and goblins knocking each other over the head with fish.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
They need to take Aleksi Briclot, put him in a room, and make him draw planeswalkers from now until the end of time. It's a waste that they had him do Ravaging Blaze instead of, say, actual Chandra. That'd be like asking John Avon to put aside his land paintings for a second and whip us up some kithkin and goblins knocking each other over the head with fish.

Hey, if they used that art for a basic anyways, it'd be all up in your cube

Oh Jesus Christ you guys!
Found for me new ways to loathe
Mechanical card.

For what it's worth, "mechanical" has too many syallables to fit into a Haiku.
In other notes, today was the day I realized there are other text formatting options other than default, yet (thankfully?) nobady uses them.

Aoret

Developer
lanternscout.jpg

Well I'll be... they printed a somewhat non-poisonous ally. Tbh I think I'm okay with that shit tribe if they remove the "Allies you control" stipulation from enough of them.