General CBS

Yo, avid magic players, interaction junkies and cardboard design enthusiasts.

I want to do the unthinkable and make a deck clinic in The Lab, where do you guys think I should put it.
Here, with most of the magic shit in Cube Talk
Or there, in General discussion, with the weird 2 tabs that say the same thing when you view a thread and wana navigate.

I just think black aggro seems like it lost very little essential stuff for standard and it also looks really cheap to build and like it takes advantage of all the land pain and midrangey issues of the upcoming format so I thought I'd ask smarter dorks than me.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, make a Standard thread or something. People already chat about the format in the Skype group, but it'd be nice to have a place on the forums for that, too.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
It was more like, I started to write an introduction about why I wasn't going to review tri-color cards and that morphed into its own thing.

Laz

Developer
It was more like, I started to write an introduction about why I wasn't going to review tri-color cards and that morphed into its own thing.

If it one of either: an angry diatribe about adding generically powerful tricolour cards instead of having them act as draft-around incentives; or the solution to the undying question of how to actually design a functional 'multi-colour' cube; you should publish it.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
If it one of either: an angry diatribe about adding generically powerful tricolour cards instead of having them act as draft-around incentives; or the solution to the undying question of how to actually design a functional 'multi-colour' cube; you should publish it.
It's uh, more the second and kind of the opposite of the first. And I propose an idea I personally think is pretty cool that I am sure hasn't appeared elsewhere. It's an idea that makes me want to design a new cube, and hopefully it appeals to others.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
A lot of my friends are hype for that mat /pins but I can't deal with all the text. I prefer big art.

I kind of agree, but it's certainly unique :p

also: A buddy of mine asked for some advice on his cube and it's like I've slid back to 2002 cube design. I don't think I could rodchester this cube and make a good aggro deck.

So I bought a case of Khans for drafts at my university throughout the semester, but I couldn't fight the itch any longer and cracked a box. Then another. No more though, because I do have a little self control. I'm glad that I did open those two however because this set is just chock full of value. My boxes came out to around $93 each, and I easily pulled $250 worth of value out of the two boxes I decided to crack. There are just so many cards that are currently at $4-5 in this set, I don't see how you could lose money opening a box unless you have the jankiest jank of all time and terrible luck.

2 fetches per box as well, I'm now up to 6 total after having none for...the entirety of my Magic playing career! Probably going to stop by the LGS and see if I can trade in my stuff and/or find people who will give me fetches for a Sarkhan and other stuff.

Additionally, after selling away a playset of Goblin Rabblemasters about three weeks back, I had a box commissioned for my Cube. Finally came in the mail yesterday and it's pretty sweet!

2014-09-30_12-49-51_202_zps1d89fda3.jpg

2014-09-30_12-50-25_728_zpsb64595c0.jpg

Chris Taylor

Contributor
Ugh. Like Young Pyromancer before it, foil monastary swiftspear is 15 fucking dollars.

Why are all the cards from my quirky spells matter thing "horribly broken" in legacy?

Ugh. Like Young Pyromancer before it, foil monastary swiftspear is 15 fucking dollars.

Pre-tournament results I think it was 6. Going through some guy's bind I found one, and his gf wouldn't let him trade it "because it looks cool"

*peruses young pyromancer foil price*
It's... it's gone. Someone bought ALL the foil young pyromancers?? Even on eBay?!?!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
See, I thought I was done with this crap when I took all the broken cards out of my cube. Foil Grim Monilith is a billion dollars, but I don't care, I don't run it.

I figure less broken cards, I wont have to pay out the nose for them because tournament players are all chasing grim monoliths and shit. But no, apparently spells matter is the golden goose of stupid pricing

How... how do you get it out? It looks so peaceful.

Haha, it looks like a tight fit in the pic, but I have it all double-sleeved in relatively new DS sleeves so there's a lot of air between cards. I can move around stuff pretty easily and the wooden blocks come off. But yeah, best purchase I've made in a while!