General CBS

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks to everyone who tuned in, I think that was the best stream yet in terms of quality. I switched to OBS, which ran much better than xsplit. Added a webcam and a better mic, and things ran great. Highlight of the night.

Vampiric Tutor for Brainstorm on your end step.

Untap. Control Magic stealing Soulfire Grand Master. Pass turn, on your end step cast Brainstorm, putting back the following:

Take a turn. Play Falkenrath Aristocrat with the remaining 4 mana.
Bonfire on extra turn. Gain 15.

Thanks to everyone who tuned in, I think that was the best stream yet in terms of quality. I switched to OBS, which ran much better than xsplit. Added a webcam and a better mic, and things ran great. Highlight of the night.

Untap. Control Magic stealing Soulfire Grand Master. Pass turn, on your end step cast Brainstorm, putting back the following:

Take a turn.

:(

Take a turn. Play Falkenrath Aristocrat with the remaining 4 mana.

Holy shit that was the most amazing cube sequence!

Hallowed moonlight is good against unfair decks like twin and reanimator right?

It's really fucked up that both squelch and shadows aren't really good enough to be anything but ringers.
I almost forgot though, medium white cards are often arithmetic better than choice blue cards right? There's just less room, a worse deck around and honestly blue decks can play white (they don't need half sideboard cards half cantrips they've got the bloody sb cards and good cantrips)

It's really fucked up that both squelch and shadows aren't really good enough to be anything but ringers.
I almost forgot though, medium white cards are often arithmetic better than choice blue cards right? There's just less room, a worse deck around and honestly blue decks can play white (they don't need half sideboard cards half cantrips they've got the bloody sb cards and good cantrips)

What in the lords name did you even say there. I can't begin to parse that!

Chris Taylor

Contributor
What in the lords name did you even say there. I can't begin to parse that!

Lemmie fill you in with some card tags:

Hallowed moonlight is good against unfair decks like twin and reanimator right?

The second bit is (I think) the admission that blade splicer and brimaz are probably better than man-o-war and co. Blue has less room for dorky but powerful 3-4 drops because of all the strong control cards that usually get included, and the difference between Hallowed Moonlight and Ponder is night and day, plus blue has strong cards that fill niche needs like vapor snag or remand that work fine in the maindeck, but can be devestating against certain archetypes, like unsummon against an auras based stratgy, or remanding a delve spell (That happened to me quite a few times last draft)

CML

Contributor
Nearly done with a draft of the book. Anyone who didn't get on the mailing list the first time PM me or post your email here.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Also played BFZ sealed with my brother today. Put together this really fun 4-color control deck, probably the most fun I've ever had playing Sealed.

Also, new Kiora is a really cool design. I'm a fan.

Reactions: CML

Chris Taylor

Contributor