General CBS

I think so. But there are some other good ones, one I recently found out I ran (each card was added at different times for specific purposes):

The former Khans cycle is all playable, too, though Surrak and Sidisi are kind of boring:

This one got so close, but Torrent Elemental is meh.

Any morph cube should run these:

Citadel is borderline GRBS in environments that are not too fast.

I haven't tested Monastery Siege, looks a bit slow, but playable in low power.

Palace Siege is great and fun for low-mid power, probably too slow for high power.

Outpost Siege can do cool things in sacrifice decks, and can go in most red decks - the red arena.

Frontier Siege is a weird one. The dragons mode looks useless, but the khans mode is some real acceleration. I've never tried it, and I think it's not good for low-curve cubes.

Hm, only now noticed - the GREEN siege lets your dragons swoop in and burninate the peasants. The RED siege merely hides little grenades inside all of your creatures. Odd!

To touch up on the cycles mentioned in this thread, for the DTK Commands they're all really good and I would not underestimate Dromoka's Command. I've used just about every mode over the course of a game and I actually think it is the second best behind Kolaghan's Command. I don't own a copy of Atarka's Command at the moment, but even then, I'm not sure if I really want to use up a Gruul slot for it, no matter how powerful it is. I've found that my aggressive GR decks haven't really needed any extra help over the months.

For the God weapon cycle, I'm still running the Bow and the Whip, cut Hammer and Spear a long while back. Bow is amazing, it's way sweeter than you'd think however inelegant it might be. I'm just not that interested in anthems to be honest, though I may come back to it eventually if I want to add another token card or two in the future. Bident was too slow at the 4 drop and never really had much of a payoff, and Hammer never really came together since so many of the red finishers are either hasty or have some cool ETB already to generate their value.

From the former Khans cycle from DTK I've got Anafenza, Zurgo and Sidisi still in my cube. Zurgo is an All-Star doing exactly what you'd expect from an aggro one drop, Anafenza has been a kill on site target most of the time because it can get out of hand, and Sidisi is a boring but solid option at 5. Sidisi is the kind of power level I'm comfortable with for a big black finisher that isn't Grave Titan, though I probably want something a wee bit stronger to close out games. 4 power isn't a real clock, the card you should be tutoring for is obviously the bigger payoff here. Cut Surrak a while back because while strong, he was the most boring 4-drop I had and replaced him with Woodland Wanderer. Finally, I have a copy of Narset but I haven't tried her out. This is mostly due to my planeswalker cutting kick that I was on and because I don't really have UW slots to spare. May check it out sometime.

FRF Mythic cycle; I run all but Torrent Elemental and Shaman of the Great Hunt. The other three have been stellar, especially Brutal Hordechief who is the nuts when you curve out in a BW aggro deck. So much reach. Torrent Elemental is kinda trash and Shaman isn't as cool to me as Hero of Oxid Ridge so he never found his way into my Cube.

I don't like running the majority of morph cards, but I made an exception for Den Protector. That card is just so sweet and my drafter have gladly done the Morph + Flip on a single turn play multiple times to regrow a sweet card. I don't think it's leaving the Cube ever, Regrowth effects are just so great and you feel awesome when you rebuy value.

Finally, for the Sieges, Outpost Siege is the only one I run and it's sweet. Both modes can be relevant at different times, but as someone mentioned earlier, it's the red Phyrexian Arena. Excellent card, will not cut for a long while. Citadel Siege is just bullshit, be careful with it. I lost to it at FRF prerelease because I couldn't kill a stupid Mardu Woe-Reaper who ended up outpacing my removal each turn, became a mini-Abyss, and I eventually got beaten to death by an 8/7 one drop. Then I tried it one draft for Cube with a BW deck and proceeded to beat someone to death with a Champion of the Parish who didn't even need any buddies. It's just a powerful card and stupid uninteractive with the counters mode. Hard as hell or impossible to get rid of for certain decks.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Speaking of, I thought I had Atarka's Command on the account, but I don't see it anymore. Maybe I'm just dumb, but on the off chance, does anyone have it?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
I'm preparing some diagrams for an upcoming article, but I kind of suck at this sort of thing. I can make great graphs, but more "drawn" material isn't really in my skill set. Exhibit A.

5pBIs7J.png

If anyone wants to help out, let me know. Otherwise I'll be shipping some janky graphs.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
What do you want to show in that diagram? I'm guessing it's about MBS limited, but what do infect and charge counters have in common? And how does metalcraft not totally overlap with artifacts? And what portion of equipment isn't an artifact?

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
What do you want to show in that diagram? I'm guessing it's about MBS limited, but what do infect and charge counters have in common? And how does metalcraft not totally overlap with artifacts? And what portion of equipment isn't an artifact?

Uh.... I was thinking Trigon of Rage. Lots of metalcraft dudes aren't artifacts (even if there is a dependency), and equipment is all artifacts and that's maybe a mistake.

Mostly want to talk about design space, but that was just a rough draft.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Maybe you could axe artifacts from that diagram, as it's not really a theme. Obviously the card type carries a lot of themes in the set, but that's not really the same I think?

Maybe a flow chart style would be easier to read?

SOM.png

Edit: you could put an example of a card that fits that particular intersection along each connection.

Venn diagrams are probably still a good idea, but it can get a bit confusing if you use them for both "cards of this type" and "strategies that intersect."