CML's Cube (405, polychromatic)

CML

Contributor
i did a big update including Dom's goblins and some tezzeret and zur stuff. it's probably bad and i'll just waste more time taking the cards out in a week

CML

Contributor
yes for green devotion stuff (Kalonian Tusker and Predator Ooze) and the 4 accumulated knowledges, no on vamps, inconclusive on goblins, zur, and artifacts but leaning towards "nah" for the latter two. at least now i get a bunch of black slots and can use what i freed up in the other colors on even-worse cards from this terrible new set!!

CML

Contributor
PLUS

Bonehoard
Hedron Crab
Bonfire of the Damned
Dismember
Living Death
Chainer's Edict
Coffin Queen
Diregraf Ghoul
Oona's Prowler
Stinkweed Imp
Makeshift Mannequin
Throat Slitter
Raven's Crime
Seal of Fire
Gore-House Chainwalker
Champion of the Parish
Gideon Jura
Master of the Wild Hunt

MINUS

Blade of the Bloodchief
Trading Post
Cloudthresher
Earthquake
Punishing Fire
Mogg Fanatic
Vampire Nocturnus
Kalastria Highborn
Vampire Lacerator
Blood Artist
Dark Prophecy
Vault Skirge
Bloodline Keeper
Bloodthrone Vampire
Urborg Justice
Gitaxian Probe
Stoneforge Mystic
Honor of the Pure

I really want Coffin Queen to be cubeable, do tell the results.

You didn't run either Ooona's prowler nor Makeshift Mannequin before? Also, I want to know how life is without Earthquake.

CML

Contributor
I really want Coffin Queen to be cubeable, do tell the results.

You didn't run either Ooona's prowler nor Makeshift Mannequin before? Also, I want to know how life is without Earthquake.

they rotate in n out. i think the ur-cube had living death, i've been inspired by last week's deck feat. lots of dredging and fatties

CML

Contributor
Poisony? Yeah, I was trying to figure out why it sucked too in spite of being such an obviously powerful card. I'd also guess that the times that you draw it when you don't want to contribute to that, it's one of 'those' cube cards

CML

Contributor
Is Mirror Entity a real card? I stopped running it some months ago and don't even think I have a copy any more. Maybe since I like tokens I could give it another whirl. It's even a cat for Brimaz. Meow

Updates (concrete)

IN

as well as

courser of kruphix
kiora, the crashing wave
ephara, god of the polis
mogis, god of slaughter
satyr firedancer
searing blood
spiteful returned
herald of torment
drown in sorrow
spirit of the labyrinth
brimaz, king of oreskos

OUT

Updates (abstract)

IN
-every BNG card that could possibly work
-a little more devotion support for Ephara
-more reanimator targets
-each rune snag gets you 2 rune snags now (this is likely not worth it for "annoyance creep," even if it is well-developed)
-second birthing pod because i had taken it out on accident, i guess
-small overhaul of the funsies draft, 3 glimmerposts / cloudposts as well as UW temple in for Nimbus Maze (woteva)
-couple of snow cards because basics are snow, you know

OUT
-Goblins and Vamps -- didn't work
-Zur -- didn't work (the sumbitch costs 3 goddamn colors, still a dealbreaker)

HELP ME
-Tezz -- the jury is still out, though with the Cloudposts and Glimmerposts coming in, I give this kind of deck a much higher chance of working. It just needs some nice artifacts. Some ideas I've been throwing around include

sweet. ty guys

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Whaaaaaaaat Mirror Entity is the best Overrun on legs ever printed. Just the threat of open mana makes it hard for the opponent to come up with profitable blocks. Him and like two random other dorks usually represents a two-shot lethal attack. For as much as I keep trying to graft a tokens/Overrun theme onto green, it's ironic that white can do it so well without even trying.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Great thing is you don't really need to design around it that much.

I would say...
Red Sun's Zenith
Sphinx's Rev
Polukranos
Kessig Wolf Run
Karn
Kozilek
Genesis Wave is fine
Chimeric Mass is probably dumb but maybe not

I don't think Devil's Play is great because of Post decks might not be super into getting RRR. Could be wrong, so maybe you should test it.

Maybe a Chromatic Lantern?

CML

Contributor
I like the Karn idea. Fuuuuuuuuck I wish I'd gotten some before they were a million dollars. I'll also toss in Lantern

Devil's Play kinda sucks and Red has infinite X spells but I'd consider it over Red Sun's

Sure I don't need to design around it so much? I have shit for artifacts and (though my love of hybrid remains true) a lot of gold shit. I guess Nykthos is a thing, wish Green had stuff to be devoted to

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Cloudpost just lets you ramp into whatever. Play Grave Titan a turn early without casting any ramp spells. Red Sun's is one of the pieces that keeps Gravecrawler in check. Redrawing it later in the game is also a bonus.

The pro-white doesn't matter as much as you think. The game is usually ending by the time he comes down anyway, so all it really does is stick it to Baneslayer and Lingering Souls. Much like Thundermaw does anyway.