Community Project: 4-at-a-time Battlecruiser Cube

Since mindslaver just got tossed in and we already have a bunch of derpy artifacts

(counting academy ruins as blue)
somehow I feel like we're suddenly remaking the original mtgo cube

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member

So now that we have hit the 120 mark I think it is time to add some more fixing. I was thinking either the temples or storage lands.
The only problem with storage lands is that there is only 5 and I would prefer a full 10.
Anyone have any objection to the temples? Can anyone think of anything better?

EDIT: Swapped Primal Surge for Weathered Wayfarer. Feel there are enough big splashy green spells that don't require specific deck construction.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I get that it is supposed to be a joke, but Wayfaring Temple seems terrible for this cube. The rest I can see fitting in.
I've already seen three cards it combo's with, including Mimic Vat, which it is awesome with as the populated token doesn't get exile During! I checked before I posted it :) Also, now that people know it's going to be in the cube, they can adapt their own picks. That's what a community cube is about, isn't it? #maketokensgreatagain

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I've already seen three cards it combo's with, including Mimic Vat, which it is awesome with as the populated token doesn't get exile During! I checked before I posted it :) Also, now that people know it's going to be in the cube, they can adapt their own picks. That's what a community cube is about, isn't it? #maketokensgreatagain

A fair justification. It resolves.

The bigger, the cheesier the threats, the more and more fun Zealous Conscripts becomes.

I've always wanted to play Firemind's Foresight to some good effect. With the emphasis already on artifact/enchantments, this might not be the place but its early... let's see how far it gets.

I'm sensing this is a cube for Elixir of Immortality, with the rest of U-Tron piled in already. Also, someone already added Trading Post!

Bring to Light just sounds fun. Plus if there's "combo" in this format this feels like an ambitious enabler.

Ulamog is BIG and is a good target for From Beyond.

Comet Storm is ridiculous with lots of mana, and a great target for Firemind's Foresight.

Snakeform is a fun piece of pseudo-removal that is also a target for Firemind's Foresight.

Solemn Simulacrum is a lot of value, and synergizes with a lot of cards already in the cube.

- More glue!
- For those thrilling dragon cube blowouts
- Something to do with those tokens
- A counterspell! Even if we're avoiding these, I think one that's 5 mana is probably fine here.

-cool mana sink, and not-too-heavy-handed removal
-mana ramp in green, interacts with the bounceland format
-same sort of deal, helps RG have the big-mana feel, plays well with bouncelands
-seems really cool and strong with higher curve format. Too strong?

Removal? Maybe a new theme as well? How have Devotion strats worked in the past for you guys? (I've never really tried it in Cube)

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member

Since there were no objections I added the Temples. This makes the numbers in the cube skew a little since the 10 was not a multiple of 4. Unless anyone has objections I am probably going to add another set of temples (Safra suggested it) when we hit the 242 mark.

Removal? Maybe a new theme as well? How have Devotion strats worked in the past for you guys? (I've never really tried it in Cube)

I'm not huge on Devotion themes because if you support them too explicitly, they become a deck you pick out of packs, which is no fun; 1-2 good payoff cards can be nice, but it's a fine line imho. The Merchant is a fine option, though, since black is so dense in double and triple {B} symbols usually, anyway.