Community Project: 4-at-a-time Battlecruiser Cube

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I'll put them all in. But at least it was discussed that they could present a problem.
My previous post still mentions all the possible additions we require to smooth it out.

Stifle is kinda like Rampant Growth with bounce lands, and it also stops lame things from happening. Creature ETB effects are lame, but Gryff aids Stifle in stopping them. Speaking of creature effects, how about turning the graveyard into a cro-magnon resource at a cost?

... so, Phyrexian Dreadnought makes sense, right???

So rector for all these sweet enchantments you are running. And Karmic Guide? That has a lot of shenanigan value (esp with lark). Maybe some more support for black devotion? I threw Grave Pact in there for big splashy effect value, but that could be Necropotence or a half dozen other cards. Meren as a super clear signal for the color pair.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Well, if Frednaught is in here, we need more ways to interact.

Feel free not to include these.

Edit: looking at the list, this cube seems light on creatures. Just saying.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
Only 10 more submissions to go! (well, 9 after this post)
I'm not too fussed at this point as to what people submit, as this has been going on for a while. I did say that things can be changed afterwards anyway.

Black early drop, helps lifegain a bit, splashable spirit.
Green biggish drop, partial removal and a spirit.
I just wanted Red to have another 4-drop creature :]
A removal spell that seems conditional enough that should be fine to include. Wanted it to be Lingering Death (enchantment!), but thought against it.

Kirblinx

Developer
Staff member
I really like Engineered Explosives with Trinket Mage, but I'm not sure this is the cube for it.

Eh, you never know. It fits the 5-Colour theme and hates out on the lower CMC things, which I am fine with. It is supposed to be all about the large beat sticks.

I'm really liking the sub-packages you guys have been adding. Plus the Guildmages are a nice add. Things to do early and make for decent mana sinks late.

Only 6 more submissions until it is done!

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Eh, you never know. It fits the 5-Colour theme and hates out on the lower CMC things, which I am fine with. It is supposed to be all about the large beat sticks.

I'm really liking the sub-packages you guys have been adding. Plus the Guildmages are a nice add. Things to do early and make for decent mana sinks late.

Only 6 more submissions until it is done!

yeah I think guildmages are a good fit. The battlemages are probably also on theme, but there's already plenty of 3-drops in the cube.

Pyromancy looks bad to me. 7 mana and 2 cards for your first payoff and it could be a land and deal 0. I don't know. But I dislike random effects like this quite a bit, so somewhat biased.

If we want a whacky red enchantment, how about ?

What about tossing in ?

There's a ton of expensive stuff in here worth ritualing into. Hellkite, Form of the Dragon, a kicked Urza's Rage, etc.

Wow. That's pretty nifty. Garbage as a 3 drop, but for 6 mana in a reanimator deck, it's an 8/8 flyer that sets up your next fatty? How have I never seen that card before?

Speaking of Dralnu, is burn janky enough in this list to run this dude as a crazy instant/sorcery CA engine? Art is sweet AF too.

Nice thing about the pet is the effect is on cast, so you don't have to wait a turn, attack or tap, etc. And it's a serious threat unless you discard an elf or something.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Nice thing about the pet is the effect is on cast, so you don't have to wait a turn, attack or tap, etc. And it's a serious threat unless you discard an elf or something.

Seems like an easy way to get 2-for-1'd though. It only makes sense as a reanimation enabler when you're discarding something that costs more than 6, that you weren't going to be able to cast. If you intend to reanimate the thing, surely there's a better.
But honestly, it does sound like the kind of card I'd want to cast in a battlecruiser cube. Looks fun. But I think we need emrakul... looks like I am going to contribute yet again. CARDS:

Any objections?

edit: just looking through the list... foul renewal is such a good choice! Props to whoever put that in. Can't wait to foul renewal emrakul.