Sets Conspiracy 2 Spoilers Thread

1471575296152183.png

Is this fun? It looks fun. With artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers, it's also not an unreasonable burden to not use instant and sorcery spells. In fact, with as skewed towards heavy spell use as my cube is, this could be just the sort of thing to shake things up and offer a juicy payoff for passing on easy removal/cantrip includes for a more stompy deck. I'm tentatively intrigued.

Is this fun? It looks fun. With artifacts, enchantments, and planeswalkers, it's also not an unreasonable burden to not use instant and sorcery spells. In fact, with as skewed towards heavy spell use as my cube is, this could be just the sort of thing to shake things up and offer a juicy payoff for passing on easy removal/cantrip includes for a more stompy deck. I'm tentatively intrigued.

Sounds reasonable in a Birthing Pod.dec. will try this one out!

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb

Looks fun to me! And things like Mystic Snake and Briarhorn (at three mana) will trip up your opponents even more when they don't expect instants :D

Hymn might be the first conspiracy I actually like for cube. I guess conspiracies need to act more like deck changers than a free card you always draw.

This is really powerful though. Turn 1 Thalia, Turn 2 silverblade, attack for 4. Maybe its still too good and conspiracies are just too broken for me.

I know Worldknit didn't seem very fun/interesting when I saw it in power cube action, and as the previews continue to roll out, my prediction is:

The conspiracies, draft changing and out-of-game zone cards require cubes to be built heavily considering them to avoid G(irls)R(unning)B(usy)S(treets).​

These cards change the fundamentals of the game so much (well, maybe the draft-changing aren't too weird (I cannot believe what I just typed!)) that I cannot wrap my head around evaluating many of thms. Maybe, I'm just an old codger, and I'm tired of these new-card kids playing on my lawn. But the effects seem so fun if implemented correctly...

Hymn might be the first conspiracy I actually like for cube. I guess conspiracies need to act more like deck changers than a free card you always draw.

This is really powerful though. Turn 1 Thalia, Turn 2 silverblade, attack for 4. Maybe its still too good and conspiracies are just too broken for me.

I really like this conspiracy for my cube, because my cube is currently spell-hyped (not gonna say spell -focused-, but a lot of the cards people get excited about are spell cards, as opposed to creatures.)

This seems like a great way to excite someone about drafting a creature deck.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Hymn is busted at the cost of being mutually exclusive with more interesting cards that care about creatures (tutors, Collected Company, Eldritch Evolution, what have you). I might try it but it seems way too good

This seems like a really cool card! Just the kind of thing I'm excited to play. And being {B}, it's super splashable. Combine it with Green Sun's Zenith or something and it could be really, really awesome, being able to re-buy that card by reanimating the Captain or something. All while looking really fair. I think I'm game.

It's a lot like a custom I've been running. Note that it only searches your library, so it you draw it after its target it's a dead card. Stapling the effect to a 4 mana 2/2 also makes it a lot weaker, and you're not going to get any benefit out of reusing the trigger except in very rare cases.

It's a lot like a custom I've been running. Note that it only searches your library, so it you draw it after its target it's a dead card. Stapling the effect to a 4 mana 2/2 also makes it a lot weaker, and you're not going to get any benefit out of reusing the trigger except in very rare cases.

Bow of Nylea, Seasons Past, Green Sun's Zenith, Ever After... There's not a ton of ways to eke out extra value, but I like that they're mostly focused in {G}{B}. I think there's probably some other cool tricks you could pair it with, as well, but you make a good point about it being dead if you draw it after the named card.

Interesting! A 3/1 for 2 isn't terrible, especially in green. It's an Elf if you're doing anything quirky, and it helps enable graveyard synergies while keeping your manabase strong (Delirium and reanimator especially look good here). The downside, of course, is that it's symmetrical, but I don't know that I actually mind that too much. Could be a good direction if you're looking to lower the power level of your ramp and enable some more graveyard business.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member

Interesting! A 3/1 for 2 isn't terrible, especially in green. It's an Elf if you're doing anything quirky, and it helps enable graveyard synergies while keeping your manabase strong (Delirium and reanimator especially look good here). The downside, of course, is that it's symmetrical, but I don't know that I actually mind that too much. Could be a good direction if you're looking to lower the power level of your ramp and enable some more graveyard business.

I like it!

I'm on the fence about Stunt Double, but probably going to try it over Sakashima's Student, which hasn't been ninjutsued all that much. I still think I prefer Student in the ETB value deck, so not sure if that's going to be a permanent change.

I'm kind of in love with this card. It does exactly what you want in green from so many different angles. Sure it gives the villain the same effect, but it's likely that your deck can take advantage of the synergies while theirs can't. Plus, it subtly encourages good games by reducing the chance that either player is mana screwed.