General Cube supplies (sleeves, storage etc.)

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Laminating cards - that means either heating them up, or putting sticky stuff on them, right? I guess if you never plan to sell them... does he laminate them religiously now because you failed him?

He quit Magic for a while, feeling pretty dejected, but he picked it up again and still agrees laminating them probably wasn't the best idea :)

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'm excited about the wooden box guy! Eric: How was shipping? I get this all the time when I look at general MTG knowledge about supplies since most people are in the US.

My next project is resleeving my cube and Heather plans on investigating the wooden box idea for my birthday apparently.

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
It was still only $19! Came out to something like $76 USD after all was said and done - and he shipped the very next day after I ordered. It should be here pretty soon.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
It was still only $19! Came out to something like $76 USD after all was said and done - and he shipped the very next day after I ordered. It should be here pretty soon.

Interesting! It's her birthday today so I'll tuck this idea away for later when it's less rude, but that's not as bad as I thought. Shipping on the cube vault was north of 100$, and it proved waaaay too heavy.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
I'm a little less excited when I remembered the perfectly serviceable cardboard boxes every game store and their dog sells ran me 2$

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
i've used said cardboard shoeboxes for about four years now, and i feel it's finally time to treat myself to an upgrade!

the box hasn't arrived yet :( maybe shipping to Canada takes longer? who knows. i've had ebay packages that took more than three weeks to get here, so it's not unusual

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
ITS HERE

Photo.2015.02.18.11.36.41.PM.jpg

Photo.2015.02.18.11.38.07.PM.jpg

Sadly it's a little smaller than I was expecting, and I don't think it'll actually fit my double-sleeved 360 cube, basics, utility lands, and tokens, so I'll still need to lug around a small white cardboard box. But for $75 shipped, I don't think I'm going to find a better deal anywhere.

Awesome, that looks great!

What I do is I have five plastic deck boxes, colored white through green, with each containing the corresponding basic lands. It makes deck building go a bit faster since you can just toss someone the islands box and they dispense as many as they need.

Just like mine! And yeah, I don't think there's enough room to fit the utility as well. I usually carry that around in an empty DShield box. Unless your cards are a little airy, you should be able to fit a 360 + lands double-sleeved no problem along with like 100 something tokens single-sleeved.