General Custom Cards: The Lab

Probably 1. Is it good enough then?
I expect so. I run untapped one-colour fetchable scrylands and I think they're about as strong as the ABU duals. This seems similarly powerful and probably at least as good as the shock lands at scry 1.

Repeatable scry 2 is ridiculous; we've seen it cost 3 plus more up front in Crystal Ball, and this is on a land.

I expect so. I run untapped one-colour fetchable scrylands and I think they're about as strong as the ABU duals. This seems similarly powerful and probably at least as good as the shock lands at scry 1.

Repeatable scry 2 is ridiculous; we've seen it cost 3 plus more up front in Crystal Ball, and this is on a land.

Fair point. I think I printed out those scry lands, but haven't tested them yet. I really should.

[edit: apparently I missed an entire page of thread lolol]

Yeah, removing "sacrifice this" is a bit too silly probably. I was hoping that the 'an opponent controls' condition would stop those cases from being too nuts.

If I want to keep the cost as low as 2, maybe it should just target spells? More blue that way anyway, right?

As a part of a large amount of draft abilities you can draft in the Fantasy Cube, this card is one of them. How crazy/stupid/wrong/Un-set is it?

Bag of Jewels.png

10% off = 0.9 of the price (1 - 0.1 = 0.9).

Does the fantasy cube actually cost anything to participate in? What is the discount acheiving?

Thanks for clearing that for me.

Like all other tournaments we have buy-in and rewards to the winner(s).

Approximately 10 USD $ to buy-in and all income goes directly to the price pool. Technically I cannot offer a discount to the player because we play at a sanctioned store but I will simply mobile pay (quick bank transfer) the person directly the 10 % at the beginning of thr next tournament.

Is it stupid to include a card that doesn’t affect the draft? I feel like this could be the equivalent to rare-drafting a card you don’t want to run but still want to pick for economical purposes.

I wouldn't do it if the store wasn't willing to do the discount. They'd have to agree with me on the inclusion of the card.

That said, one of the appeals of cube over retail drafts is that you draft the best card for your deck, not the most expensive card.

I can understand that argument but have you never been in a cube draft where you feel like your 11’th pick is not really anything you want in your deck?

I feel like it is a nice way for me to give a very small coupon to one of the players and I am hoping it will create just a tinsy tiny bit of dilemma for thr players: Should I go for a maybe-card or for a 10 % discount?

Anyways I put it here in order to receive feedback so thank you. Do you guys have more stuff for me?

I can understand that argument but have you never been in a cube draft where you feel like your 11’th pick is not really anything you want in your deck?

I feel like it is a nice way for me to give a very small coupon to one of the players and I am hoping it will create just a tinsy tiny bit of dilemma for thr players: Should I go for a maybe-card or for a 10 % discount?

Anyways I put it here in order to receive feedback so thank you. Do you guys have more stuff for me?

If it gets people to play again who might not otherwise, then that's good.

This card is now confirmed sweet, at least if you aren't running Reanimate and Animate Dead. ;) Also, much better reminder text. Doesn't follow the cycling reminder text standard, but makes much more sense.
Reassemble.jpg

I think in this case it should actually be 'return', but beacon is likely the templating inspiration. Major difference is that Beacon is A graveyard, and I think that's where 'put' comes into play. Examples:

Why "put"? Is that different mechanically than return?

Return is the new wording for the most part. I wonder why they used "put" for that card.

I don't like the word return, because it implies the creature came from the battlefield in the first place, and often it didn't.

edit: Sigh figured it out.