General Custom Cards: The Lab

It's so weird to see the exact same discussion once again :) We just had it guys!

Go back 7 pages to page 60 to read about Reassemble and how to word it.

Also reanimator cards use a different wordings depending on from where they reanimate.

From all graveyards
Put .... from a graveyard to the battlefield under your control.

From your own graveyard
Return ... from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Your Reassemble should be re-worded if you wish to follow traditional WotC templating.

Dom Harvey

Contributor
Star of Orazca 0
Artifact
Ascend
If you have the city's blessing, Star of Orazca has "T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool"

It's so weird to see the exact same discussion once again :) We just had it guys!

Go back 7 pages to page 60 to read about Reassemble and how to word it.

Hey I forgot already, get off my back! ;)

Somehow I missed the "from" instead of "to" part of that. I decided against using "return" of my own accord.

Star is sweet. I'd push it further :cool:

Yeah that's heresy :O

Mox Sol 0
Artifact
Ascend
If you have the city's blessing, Star of Orazca has "T: Add 2 to your mana pool"

Jori En Risen Explorer2.jpg Jori En Risen Explorer.jpg
I've played a few games with the first one now, and it doesn't feel too broken. Its definitely much better than the 2 mana version, which I think is probably fine.

Cascading doesn’t do anything on those cards sadly :(

“When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.”

I understand. But she is dead.

So I guess you’ll have to reanimate Jori En before she can arise to planeswalker status.

Ups!

I thought she died to Ulamog but like everything else in BFZ block none of the evil monsters could harm anyone. So Jori is still alive, my bad.

Can I ask what hole she fills in your cube?

I have a difficult time getting blue cascade cards into the cube because it limits the deck building from counter spells.

hey whats been your favorite of your own designs that you actually played with?
it's been a few years since i played much, but
me and another local came up with this one.
played it in many cube drafts, always did something good!
tbh it was probably way too strong, often an easy 3 for 1, sometimes more

Kragma Riftsweeper {2}{G}
Creature - Minotaur Cleric
Flash
Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)
When Kragma Riftsweeper enters the battlefield, choose target face-up exiled card or card in a graveyard. Its owner puts it on the bottom of his or her library.
2/1

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Savvy Trader {W}
When Savvy Trader enters the battlefield, reveal a card from your hand and the top three cards of your library. If you do, put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest on top of your library in any order.
All traders by nature seek profitable trades. A good trader knows where to look.
2/1

I love this card. It's such a nice way for aggressive decks to smooth out their early game. I've even played it in slower decks from time to time as a roadblock that ensured me my land drops or to know whether to fetch. On top of that I really like the flavor.

Chris Taylor

Contributor
it's been a few years since i played much, but
me and another local came up with this one.
played it in many cube drafts, always did something good!
tbh it was probably way too strong, often an easy 3 for 1, sometimes more

Kragma Riftsweeper {2}{G}
Creature - Minotaur Cleric
Flash
Undying (When this creature dies, if it had no +1/+1 counters on it, return it to the battlefield under its owner’s control with a +1/+1 counter on it.)
When Kragma Riftsweeper enters the battlefield, choose target face-up exiled card or card in a graveyard. Its owner puts it on the bottom of his or her library.
2/1

Here's a few of mine:
3Yi1I1N.png

Delightfully simple and powerful. He used to be a 1/1 :p

E5rOjEL.png

I think this has been in my cube since it's inception and has never been changed mechanically. I like that it sends different psychological signals than entomb (less combo-y ones, which is correct for my format), and since you get multiple buys at it you're encouraged to find more marginal things rather than a single thing that just wins you the game.

Yzg0tNP.png

Equipment as sorcery + upside is space I really want to explore more, and the equip cost being so high helps solidify the early play + late play idea I'm going for. While the setting base P/T idea doesn't have the same awesome layers here that it does in green (I've got a similar green equipment that makes it a 4/4 but is far cheaper, and it has this delightful tension that it works really well on mana dorks but not on the creatures those dorks produce, with bonus points for equipping it to Birds of Paradise) it's still gotr +1/+1 counter synergys, and I think red has more keyword stuff to play with than green usually does.

Dgou5Jg.png

This is in the running for the least green feeling green card with technically green text I've ever made, but I do love it :p Haste may seem odd but it really plays into the decision making of the card, since if you fight something too large you might not be able to swing in safely. The drawback of not being able to kill larger creatures is a real one, a lot of games have come down to restricting the targets so he actually stays in play, and at least one enterprising drafter intentionally giving his opponent's creatures deathtouch to ensure he'd be able to return this card every turn with oversold cemetery in a board stall.

With a story like that, how could I not love it? :p

nqb7WQA.png

Not sure if the reference to city of brass in the flavor text is as clever as I thought it was when I first penned it, but I truly hope this card exists someday.

Savvy Trader {W}
When Savvy Trader enters the battlefield, reveal a card from your hand and the top three cards of your library. If you do, put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest on top of your library in any order.
All traders by nature seek profitable trades. A good trader knows where to look.
2/1

I love this card. It's such a nice way for aggressive decks to smooth out their early game. I've even played it in slower decks from time to time as a roadblock that ensured me my land drops or to know whether to fetch. On top of that I really like the flavor.

Can confirm, this card is great. I'm not sure if it's something I'd want to add 4 of, but an amazing addition.