General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

CML

Contributor
Great deck IMO

Lena Dunham cuz G/W is "little kid" except this is a particularly rich and successful little kid. It's also aggressive and has an annoying lifegain theme. Plus the obvious symbolism of the colors.

CML

Contributor
pretense of innocence with some (White) guilt, lots of (Green) money. get your mind in the gutter

Played Denix's Peasant cube yesterday. It was fun. He took out all the shitty guildgates and stuff though because they were so bad, so we've been playing with no fixing (and no signets!) in the cube for 3 weeks now :s suffice it to say stock in molten rain has gone way down.

Peasant RG Control

Midranged my ass I had more cards than most players all game and played about as reactively as I did aggressively. Double Arc Lightning is just malicious in this format. I'm glad I've had both of them in my draft the last 3 times I played peasant.

Despite being top heavy the deck played pretty well when it wasn't mulling to 5. I liked the number of turns I had multiple lines of play with 7-8 mana available but sat on my cards so I could have more opportunity to react to potential plays.

Highlight of the draft: My deck is so soft to Consume Strength it was just hilarious how often I knew bill was sitting on those and I'd have to sit on my ass. Seeing Moldervine Cloak bin a Dreg Mangler was pretty fun too. I had a lot of trouble killing 5+ toughness creatures too so that was pretty funny.

GB gold cards are becoming some of my favourite in this format. That mender is such a beating.

Reactions: CML

CML

Contributor
do we have lists up for C/U and C cubes?! I am greatly interested in this design space, as i want my friends to build these so we have 'other' cubes to play too

I should really put my list up one of these days ahahhaha. I don't think it's what most people would expect. My buddy is working on his now, I keep telling him he would have better input online or if he asked salvation Pez folks for ideas but it seems he is content to struggle in the dark for now.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

BUG Post ?Shackles? (2 - 1)

There's a lot that's terrible about the way this deck was built and I don't really understand how it almost won the finals. That has to be the world's worst Disciple of Bolas.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Finally I have a cool deck to post here!

Ubgrw Tempo

The mana was horrendous, and in many ways so was the deck. But playing tempo is tremendous fun. Everyone in the draft wobbled a lot and, apart from the zoo player who first picked Wild Nacatl and went straight in, most people seemed to be indecisive about their decks for ages. I knew I was going to play blue, but I was happy to play lots of other colors and play control. Only when I picked up the Delver of Secrets about 2/3s of the way through did I think UB tempo would be good. So I ended up with this. I lost a game every match because of color screw. In match 3 game 3 I only had Islands for 5 turns, but I drew lots of good blue spells and it was ok.
Edit: strange, you have to write who/what/when/where/why to get that to show, but then you have to say far // away

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
Wait. Why do I have 20 spells in my deck? Where were the other 3?

Edit: Oh ok, fixed.
Can you believe I was playing Mishra's Factory initially? I thought my mana would be ok. HA. Also, when you're holding up counterspells and and removal it gets pretty obvious if you're not attack with your manlands.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member

Ponza (Yes, It's Real, and It's Spectacular)

Tripe tech-edge... is that a good card? I had it in the Utility Land Draft but nobody ever ever ever took it. But I realize there are some environmental differences at play. Also, Green! In your cube!