General Decks that have 3-0'd your cube

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
It was surprisingly decent. Against me, the pilot made a bunch of tokens to feed his Aristocrat for days, and in another match, he made enough bodies to block Wolfir Silverheart and its star-crossed lover long enough to assemble a counterattack alpha strike.

I'll see if I can get the guy to sign up on here and speak for its value himself!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, that's more or less what I was going for, actually. I want each colour to have access to at least one aggro land and one land that's more controlling, so that no matter which colour combination and archetype you end up in, there's something for you.

Aggressive lands:

Non-aggressive lands:

Despite its appearance and its low curve, the deck above was actually squarely in the midrange camp, so I think its inclusion of Kher Keep was apt. Deathrite Shaman, Tarmogoyf, and Scavenging Ooze do a good job of grinding out the opponents as much as any of their more expensive brethren. Just like with actual Jund!

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
I.. I tried to casually gloss over the fact that all of black's lands suck. But you caught me red-handed. :oops:

Eric Chan

Hyalopterous Lemure
Staff member
Yeah, in truth, I'm pretty sure the Griselbrand was unnecessary, as the deck's pilot had little trouble winning even while it was stuck in his hand most games. I remember there was a Sheoldred in the same pack as that Griselbrand, which might have been a better fit.