General Fight Club

I've been thinking of ways to support Crow Storm and maybe other storm cards, and got to this conundrum:
X
(Has this ever been discussed here? I couldn't find it with a quick search)

Crow Storm is the card I want to play, but it requires a good deal of assembly. Illusory Angel, not so much.

Both are pay-off cards for a spell-oriented deck, full of cantrips, baubles and rituals, but at storm 1, Illusory Angel gives me an amount of power comparable to Crow Storm cast at Storm 3.

I could see myself playing Illusory Angel in a UW/UR Prowess Tempo, but I don't think Crow Storm would fit.

Am I missing something, or is there no way Crow Storm is a better spells.dec payoff than Illusory Angel? Are Crow Storm and Empty the Warrens too parasitic to ever be included in a cube that doesn't want to outright support storm as a central archetype?

Besides the fact that crow storm has a much higher ceiling, and an acceptable floor (can be cast with no storm coun), and splits the power into multiple bodies, it's AWESOME

An actual storm of storm crows.

Agree that they work well together in a sort of blue non-parasitic storm archetype

I prefer Pestermite for it's tempo applications and it's 2nd point of power as surprise trade.

@Storm cards: I'd says both or none. You could also look for Surge cards, some are quite good.

For the record, I went with Nantuko Shade as my mono black card, thanks forum crew :p

VS.

As an Izzet archetype card. The average artifact deck would have around 13-14 actual artifact spells at best I assume.

Jhoira seem more like an enabler rather than a puzzle to be solved, so it depends on what role the card should play. Jhoira isn't probably a card I would first pick, because it looks a little dry.

Jhoira seem more like an enabler rather than a puzzle to be solved, so it depends on what role the card should play. Jhoira isn't probably a card I would first pick, because it looks a little dry.

You mean the Thopterist is more of an enabler, right?

There would be quite some cards, that create artifact token (Golems, treasure, investigate, Thopters and Servos) instead of being artifacts themselves. So I wonder how many triggering spells would a 40-card deck with Jhoira need to make her draw more thab one or two cards?

You mean the Thopterist is more of an enabler, right?

There would be quite some cards, that create artifact token (Golems, treasure, investigate, Thopters and Servos) instead of being artifacts themselves. So I wonder how many triggering spells would a 40-card deck with Jhoira need to make her draw more thab one or two cards?

Hm, no not really. I might've picked the wrong word, as Maverick probably is the better enabler. I think the word I was looking for was build-around. Depends on what function you want it to fill, but it didn't seem interesting to me just good (given that you have a ton of historics).

Yeah, but given that my artifact theme will be relatively light and non-parasitic, the guy who's an enabler and only a little bit pay oft, seems better than the girl, who needs a super high density of historic spells.

Another fight:

VS.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Whip is a horrible card, mainly for the team-wide lifelink, as sigh noted.

Also, historic doesn't count only artifacts. If you are going to include any saga's and already run some playable legends in UR, Jhoira might actually be a really good anchor.

Yeah, you guys are probably right, I'll stick to good ol servitude.

And to the other right, I have maybe 2-3 legends that would be good in a Jhoira deck, and no sagas planned currently.

I can vouch for whip of erebos being fucking miserable to play against! Life link and having a new guy up from the graveyard every turn is very difficult to race or interact with.

I went to scryfall and typed in "type:wizard", and apparently there are 645 creatures that are wizards. Probably there are enough there if you want to run a subtle wizard tribal theme (which I really want to see).