General Fight Club

riptide lab is a pretty sweet land to include

i had a cube with a custom cycle of etb-tapped utility dual lands, and the {W/U} one's ability was riptide lab

it hits tons of stuff, vendilion clique for example

Neat card, but I am restricting myself to Alpha to Alliances in the current project, so it's a little bit out of place, temporally.
Edit: But I am pretty stupid, since I hadn't noticed that venomous breath is an instant.

Is there a 2cc option? Art on venom is pretty dope.
Art on Venom is sick. But no 2cc option that I've seen, but most drafters will probably try to use it with , so it'll be an expensive thing to pull off anyway. But I do have a bunch of must be blocked as well. I think.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Neat card, but I am restricting myself to Alpha to Alliances in the current project, so it's a little bit out of place, temporally.
Edit: But I am pretty stupid, since I hadn't noticed that venomous breath is an instant.

So... Mercadian Masques is definitely quite a few sets after Alliances, though I'll admit that the hybrid mana and 8th edition border would stick out like a pair of sore thumbs :')

So... Mercadian Masques is definitely quite a few sets after Alliances, though I'll admit that the hybrid mana and 8th edition border would stick out like a pair of sore thumbs :')

Yeah, this is where it kinda sucks that CI takes the latest version of the card, it first appeared in Ice Age :/

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
Yeah, this is where it kinda sucks that CI takes the latest version of the card, it first appeared in Ice Age :/

Oh wow, with really crappy art! I didn't know the card was that old though!

273.jpg

Is it possible to change that to first printed version? Just my 2 cents, but I'd prefer to see my FoFs with Squee and Hanna instead of Jace :p

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
In a vacuum, cycling for one mana is better than cycling for two mana, and if you can't pay the cycling cost of the lands in the top row, odds are you want to play them to fix your mana and be able to play the other half of your deck.

First batch, leaving up 2 to cycle can be hard to manage if you need to curve out accordingly. It's far easier to find an opportunity to leave one mana open vs. two, and cycling is especially great when you can flip that card into a play for the turn. It really is format dependent though, especially if you tilt more towards multicolored than the typical cube. In general, the less punishing that your format is, the less relevant the difference between 2 and C in cycling.

The only time I'm pro the 2 mana cyclers is if it's thematic...like alongside:

etc

Then it's a colorless cantrip that any color pairing can use. It's very specific design space. In general the 1 mana jawns are better