GBS

"Shingeki no MTGS" is going great! The first guy to respond to my ULD post was like "hey i wanna try that next time."
It's like... Idk, maybe everyone can get along after all?
*Colossal Titan shows up out of nowhere*

Man, ive been patiently waiting for season 2 for like a year, and one day i searched "colossal titan" because my wife wanted to do a cross stitch of him... Thanks to the first search result preview i now know who the colossal titan is.
IM SO MAD AT YOU INTERNET

Chris Taylor

Contributor

Well I got about 25% through the article before I read his signature. Perhaps he's improving? :p

It's an interesting piece. I don't even live in the US, but I feel where he's coming from. Toronto is one of 3 sizeable population centers in the insanely large landmass that is Canada, so perhaps Toronto was pronounced dead long before I was born, but the back of my mind still feels his concerns, though the offending party is more nebulous than Amazon specifically.

I'm not even sure I know what I want to do about it, honestly. I kind of enjoy working at a large company.

Onderzeeboot

Ecstatic Orb
I live in a relatively quiet city in the Netherlands and I don't get it. I mean, I think it's a wonderfully forlorn description of the existential crisis Seattle is having, it's just all on a scale I can't imagine. The numbers are too big to grasp. I mean, a company with 5000 employees is a big company over here. We're complaining when congested traffic causes a 15 minute delay. I bike to my work each day. Half an hour, past meadows and a quiet canal if I want to. Its just weird, the scale of American cities.

It seems like they're programmed to always post new threads in the topmost category (General Discussion). You could create a basic filter by putting a Spambot Hall of Fame category at the top.

James Stevenson

Steamflogger Boss
Staff member
It seems like they're programmed to always post new threads in the topmost category (General Discussion). You could create a basic filter by putting a Spambot Hall of Fame category at the top.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing... it didn't seem like a great idea but now that mention it, it would such an RL thing to do!

Hey guys...first time poster. Figured this would be thread to introduce myself? I just started getting into cubing a few months ago and I really enjoy it! I came across this site and have since read every article in the cube academy as well as combed through a lot of the threads. Love what you guys are doing here!

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys...first time poster. Figured this would be thread to introduce myself? I just started getting into cubing a few months ago and I really enjoy it! I came across this site and have since read every article in the cube academy as well as combed through a lot of the threads. Love what you guys are doing here!

Hey, welcome! Let me (us) know if you have any questions!

Aoret

Developer
Thanks, everyone! Do most of you play together? Or know each other in real life? Or did you all meet on this forum?

A handful of the guys know one another from real life, other second-gen scrubs like myself found the forum through Jason's CFB articles right when they came out. More of us have met irl since the forum has gone on (for example Shamizy and I discovered that we both live in San Diego...)

The riptide origin story is like something something mtgsalvation sucked, a google group or mailing list or something got made, then turned into a forum.

Jason Waddell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, everyone! Do most of you play together? Or know each other in real life? Or did you all meet on this forum?

Occasionally we play together online, but that may increase. I live in Belgium, and have met up with James (London) a half dozen times or so now. CML also spent a night here, and James met some of the others when hitch-hiking through the US and Canada (Eric and Lucre and Chris Taylor live in Toronto).

First connection was Eric sending me a PM on MTGS that he thought my (unpopular) ideas were great. Then I started writing for ChannelFireball and most of our early members came from the comment sections of those articles.

Occasionally we play together online, but that may increase. I live in Belgium, and have met up with James (London) a half dozen times or so now. CML also spent a night here, and James met some of the others when hitch-hiking through the US and Canada (Eric and Lucre and Chris Taylor live in Toronto).

First connection was Eric sending me a PM on MTGS that he thought my (unpopular) ideas were great. Then I started writing for ChannelFireball and most of our early members came from the comment sections of those articles.

Yeah my biggest issue is finding people as into cubing as I am with whom to play. I can occasionally get 4 or 5 of my friends together every few weeks but that is best case scenario.

I absolutely love your ideas, Jason! I just can't believe they are unpopular. My first foray into cube was the typical "I'm just gonna try to put the most powerful cards possible together" then I kind of thought that was dumb and degenerate so my next idea was to just try to shove a bunch of interesting/unique cards together with the idea people would find the synergies themselves and the synergies would come about organically. Eventually I stumbled onto your site, Jason, and realized building from the top down so to speak was the best way. That is, decide what archetypes you want to support and pick cards to build those archetypes into your draft environment (cube). I could go into detail about the various ideas I've learned on this site...but I digress.

Anyways, basically, this site is awesome! Thanks for running it!

Aoret

Developer
Yeah it would be really cool if we were closer together, but we're spread out like crazy. Where do you live?
I think to some extent it's almost the nature of cube that we're spread out the way we are. Local playgroups don't need a density of designers. And the riptide tourism aspect is a fun upside too I guess.

Yeah my biggest issue is finding people as into cubing as I am with whom to play. I can occasionally get 4 or 5 of my friends together every few weeks but that is best case scenario.
I wouldn't be ashamed of 4-6 man numbers. I constantly push this idea but if you haven't seen the 4-man drafting tweak floating around the forums somewhere you definitely wanna check that out. Otherwise, if you're dead set on increasing your numbers, I have a lot of ideas on that subject as I've done quite a bit of it over the past year and a half. (Probably worth starting a thread on the subject)