Card/Deck Low Power Card Spotlight

I think they are pretty neat. There are sequencing decisions that are interesting with a small number of tap lands, plus the balancing act of keeping it in hand to cycle or not.
I especially like lands that incentivize you to draft them for synergy purposes since it’s a good way to get new players excited to pick lands. So double thumbs up if you also have GY/discard themes.

@Rasmus Källqvist
I like them too. Not super powerful but a lot more powerful than recent common cycles that was put in packs to make drafts go smooth.

Now the problem with them is of course you only get 5 unless you custom card the other five to complete the 10 card cycle. (Ask for pics if you want to see mine) so most cube curators have to steer away from them for that reason.

Ah right, damn. I don't run customs (and have no interest in them). Really too bad that Wizards insist on printing partial land cycles

Yeah

But they don’t always insist on it. I guess it depends on both how strong color fixing should be for limited and how many pack sellers they already have.

I personally kind of like that they most often make half cycles. As long as they finish the cycle within 10 years :) They made the 10 year gap with:

The Ice Age Adarkar Wastes half cycle -> the Apocalypse Yavimaya Coast half cycle.

The M10 Glacial Fortress half cycle -> the Innistrad Isolated Chapel half cycle.

The Shadows over Innistrad Choked Estuary half cycle -> the Strixhaven Shineshadow Snarl half cycle

The Ikoria Ketria Triome half cycle -> the New Capenna Spara’s Headquarter half cycle

And the Zendikar Rising Clearwater Pathway six-card-cycle -> the Kaldheim Barkchannel Pathway four-card-cycle.

But so far not with the Battle for Zendikar Smoldering Marsh half cycle and the Amonkhet Sheltered Thicket half cycle and they are running out of time. Some would even say 10 years is too long of a wait.

Debating revisiting some older cubing stuff, and I'm curious if you guys think that the following cards can hang together at the same power level:

(Thinking of doing a mini-reanimator theme in a 2-3-7 cube using Recommission and the like, and I like the idea of having some "fatties" to aim for.)

(Thinking of doing a mini-reanimator theme in a 2-3-7 cube using Recommission and the like, and I like the idea of having some "fatties" to aim for.)
What the hell is a 2-3-7 cube!?

On the other hand, I do love me some alternate casting cost fatties! (I think I like the Groff and the Guardian the best. Battalion might be a bit narrow?